Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

BNZ 44 Mauser & Lee Enfield No 4 MK1

Article about: Chaps, just a quickie really to give you a heads up I will post pics tomorrow as there is no light here at mo and day time pics are better than a flash. I have just been GIVEN a K98 rifle ma

Default Re: BNZ 44 Mauser & Lee Enfield No 4 MK1

Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture BNZ 44 Mauser & Lee Enfield No 4 MK1   BNZ 44 Mauser & Lee Enfield No 4 MK1  

BNZ 44 Mauser & Lee Enfield No 4 MK1   BNZ 44 Mauser & Lee Enfield No 4 MK1  

Ben

Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture BNZ 44 Mauser & Lee Enfield No 4 MK1   BNZ 44 Mauser & Lee Enfield No 4 MK1  

Ben

Last batch

Ben

They look bloody good for freebies! Can you keep them on your shot gun cert or do you have to get them off? I dont know much about the Mauser but the No.4 is 1943 by the looks of it. If you do need to have them chopped, then it dosn't look like it would be too difficult to get the magazine restriction removed. If you remove the lower wood, see how difficult it would be to do it your self and save yourself some cash. If it looks difficult then maybe the deac armourer could do it but I doubt they would take as much care as you would. The rear sight is correct but If you prefer the look of the singer type micrometer sight then they are on ebay for about 10 to £20.

Thanks for the answer mate, great to know the date, so at least it it WW2 era. I was thinking of getting a sight like this one for it, I think this would be correct for this rifle? Not sure about deactivation as yet and yes it is on my shotgun cert.

Ben

Guys, just for reference, admin squared away replacement sight already on, had access to a spare

Ben

Good looking weapon-the 300/600 yard flip battle sights were a wartime economy measure and were often replaced post war as the rifles were upgraded/refitted-do you have a Mk7 or 9 bayo for it? (far more impressive as a display than the old 'spike')

No mate not yet, I was looking into getting a sling, brass oil bottle etc then eventually a bayonet of some sort, I have a look at what a Mk7 and Mk 9 look like, thanks for the info
    Ben

The No.7 at top, No.9 underneath.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture BNZ 44 Mauser & Lee Enfield No 4 MK1  

Get a pig sticker for about £4, and then save up for a No.7 as they will set you back £100 or more, the No.9 is a little better priced and go for about £30 at the moment. There is a South African No9 version which is for a UZI so stay away from those. If I remember correctly, the No.7 was designed for both the No.4 and STEN Mk5 but was this was changed to just the STEN Mk5 after introduction due to an accident where a .303 Mk7 round was discharged into a No.7 that hadn't been locked correctly. Mind you I wouldn't want to do the same with a 9mm round either!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast