Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

BNZ 44 Mauser & Lee Enfield No 4 MK1

Article about: Chaps, just a quickie really to give you a heads up I will post pics tomorrow as there is no light here at mo and day time pics are better than a flash. I have just been GIVEN a K98 rifle ma

Default Re: BNZ 44 Mauser & Lee Enfield No 4 MK1

Again many thanks, I have been looking around various sites, the pigstickers are peanuts really apart from the crucifix one, that a bit pricey, I have seen No 9 for about £20 and the No 5 again are over the £100 mark. I will get them as and when I can just to add to the rifle
    Ben

Chaps. does anyone know what the shield symbol is? I have seen them on other K98.s

Thanks
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture BNZ 44 Mauser & Lee Enfield No 4 MK1  
    Ben

Hi Ben,

The shield proofmark looks like that for a Czech made weapon. I once owned a BRNO Fox rifle with an almost identical marking on it. Just guessing here really... Were K98's made there?

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Cheers Ned I have no idea mate, rifles not really my ting, but if there free then I dont say no
    Ben

The 660 and BNZ code Mausers were made by the Steyr factory under the Nazi control of Austria. The sheild is another proof mark from the factory on BNZ K98's.
    From what I understand, most BNZ rifles were issued to the SS and has a connection using slave labor at the Mauthausen Concentration Camp according to some collecting books.
    Some Czech Rifles were send back to the Camp when the eastern front started to fall to be completed.
    Thanks
    Cody

Cheers Cody, very interesting I must get on the net and have a good read
    Ben

No Problem Ben!

I collect K98's and that BNZ 44 is worth quite a bit of cash over here in the States. Around the 700-1350. Matching would make it the higher number.

Quote by NDShooter View Post
    No Problem Ben!

I collect K98's and that BNZ 44 is worth quite a bit of cash over here in the States. Around the 700-1350. Matching would make it the higher number.
    Cheers Cody, why are they more sought after than the other ones? Is it because they are meant to be SS related or the makers mark/maker? Like I say mate, I really collect these so dont know much about them
    Ben

The big drive over here for these Rifles is for that main reason of "SS" related and concentration camp connections. Also, they are very well built rifles! Many different kinds of firearm collectors go for these BNZ's. Steyr is another reason, known for well built firearms.

Quote by NDShooter View Post
    The big drive over here for these Rifles is for that main reason of "SS" related and concentration camp connections. Also, they are very well built rifles! Many different kinds of firearm collectors go for these BNZ's. Steyr is another reason, known for well built firearms.
    Cheers mucker, many thanks
    Ben

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast