Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Breda 30 LMG in 6.5 Carcano

Article about: by ObKrieger I would love to see a video of this thing in action. Sorry I don't have a camera that will take video's other than a tape camcorder.

?

Default Re: Breda 30 LMG in 6.5 Carcano

Quote by ObKrieger View Post
    I would love to see a video of this thing in action.

Sorry I don't have a camera that will take video's other than a tape camcorder.

?

Quote by Poromies View Post
    Never seen one of these before, nice find. Looks like it was built to withstand a beating, and it must be heavy?
    Actually it is fairly light, about the weight of a Japanese Type 96 or 99 and some what lighter than my BAR. Much lighter than my Mg 34 or 42

You have more MGs? Have you posted pictures of any of them here before? If not, I would like to see

Here is a film clip of a Breda Model 30.....BILL

Breda 30 calibro 6,5 Carcano - YouTube

semi breda 30 - YouTube
    "As long as there are brave men and warriors the halls of Valhalla will never be silent or empty"

In memory of my father William T. Grist December 26, 1920--September 10, 2009..
    901st. Ordnance H.A.M. North Africa, Italy, Southern France....ETO
    Also in memory of my mother Jane Kidd Grist Feb. 22, 1920-- September 27, 2009... WWll War bride May 1942...

?

A rare beast. Thanks for showing this overcomplicated MG

Quote by samnev View Post
    ............. The Breda 30 is the last MG I would want to take into battle...............
    Maybe in sharp competition with the Chauchat?

?

Quote by Scout View Post
    A rare beast. Thanks for showing this overcomplicated MG

Maybe in sharp competition with the Chauchat?
    The French one has to be the worst...ever.
    JEDEM DAS SEINE

The Chauchat at least has the excuse of being designed and built ( by war profiteers) under wartime pressure-how the Italians managed to end up with such a flawed design in peacetime and with extensive combat use in Ethiopia and the Spanish Civil war (which always magnifies any faults) is beyond me.

?

Quote by Poromies View Post
    You have more MGs? Have you posted pictures of any of them here before? If not, I would like to see
    I've posted quite a few photos of some of my other MG's before. I will be posting a few more of them taken at our annual local Memorial Day shoot in the next day or two.

- - Updated - -

Quote by Bill Grist View Post
    Here is a film clip of a Breda Model 30.....BILL

Breda 30 calibro 6,5 Carcano - YouTube

semi breda 30 - YouTube
    Bill,
    Thanks for the link.
    Regards,
    Sam

?

Quote by lithgow View Post
    The Chauchat at least has the excuse of being designed and built ( by war profiteers) under wartime pressure-how the Italians managed to end up with such a flawed design in peacetime and with extensive combat use in Ethiopia and the Spanish Civil war (which always magnifies any faults) is beyond me.
    I totally agree. When I looked inside the receiver I could not believe the complexity of the design. Maybe the designers got paid by the number of parts they put into the design. IMO the only thing they did right was the quick barrel change feature.
    If that wasn't bad enough did you ever see the 1914 Revelli HMG and it's feed system?

Here's a link; Fiat-revelli M1914

That square opening is where that bird cage of ammo went into. If recall correctly the gun would take the cartridges out of the bird cage one at a time then replace the empty and move on to the next round. I only fired my friends many years ago. He took such a ribbing he never took it out again. He's is the one that introduced me to the Breda 30. Afterwards I got mine. But the Revelli 1914 was a bridge to far for my taste.
    Last edited by samnev; 05-28-2012 at 11:22 PM.

I recently purchased a legal Breda m30. I'm looking for parts, more specifically a bolt and a charging handle. I will post videos galore if this gin shooting if I can get it running again. Any help is appreciated.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast