Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Bren Gun Help

Article about: I am thinking about purchasing a WWII Bren gun, it is made from original part sets and it is deactivated. This is a MK 1M reciever with a Mk 2 barrel. It was built using original parts from

Default Re: Bren Gun Help

Well went and got one today, a Mk1M 1941 Inglis, in very good condition, barrel serial number is different but all the rest match, deactivated in 1994, came with mag and 5 rounds, £280, well did I buy a pup, all looks right to me but I am no expert:

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG"][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

Chris

the links for the pics are not working mate

That's weird.... they're visable now! Lol

Looks very nice mate... and a great price too!

?

Quote by WoodyUK View Post
    I'm afraid deacts are the best us Brits have on offer! All thanks to our joke of a government!

Can you believe that a childs toy gun MUST be painted bright green so as not to be confused with a REAL fire arm!!!!!! It makes me sick!!!
    Reminds me of the "good old days" in the 60's and 70's.
    My grandparents bought me and my brother toy rifles for christmas one year......... L1A1 FN SLR's, complete with detachable/loadable magazines, rounds, bayonets and slings. Oh and they where in natural, proper colouring.
    Those were the days, when you could go around the streets, waste ground etc replaying your own version of WW2 without worrying about the firearms unit coming down!

Quote by jimpy View Post
    Reminds me of the "good old days" in the 60's and 70's.
    My grandparents bought me and my brother toy rifles for christmas one year......... L1A1 FN SLR's, complete with detachable/loadable magazines, rounds, bayonets and slings. Oh and they where in natural, proper colouring.
    Those were the days, when you could go around the streets, waste ground etc replaying your own version of WW2 without worrying about the firearms unit coming down!
    Completely agree mate! There was nothing better than half a dozen mates running around the local woods with real looking 'guns', face covered in mums eye shaddow and your school tie tied round your head!

Those days are well and truely gone I'm afraid! I think our government are trying to convince us that guns DONT actually exist anymore!!!!

?

Hi

I think you should save up for a nicer one ! I know it's tempting to rush I'n to it but these are mix matched and I'n bad condition outmof the two I'd have the second one

Chris I think you can get a Bren for 350 but have not seen many for 250 thes last couple of years ...

Wooooh, old post, i bought the one at the top of this page for £280 in very good condition.

Chris

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3