Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Bren Gun Help

Article about: I am thinking about purchasing a WWII Bren gun, it is made from original part sets and it is deactivated. This is a MK 1M reciever with a Mk 2 barrel. It was built using original parts from

Default Re: Bren Gun Help

Hi Chris, welcome to the forum!

As usual, I have no hesitation in recommending Ryton Arms.

Cheers, Ade.

I think you'll struggle to get one for £250 mate. Your looking in excess of £350 for a good example.

Ryton Arms or Saracen Exports have a few for sale.

Best regards,
    Woody

Some nice Bren Mk1's here.... Shop Products

Price includes shipping too

Seeing all that perfectly good weaponry in a deact state makes me want to weep tears of Light Machine Oil!
    and the prices! I bought my unissued Springfield 1903 in the mid 1960's when they cleared out the Springfield Armory in Boston. 1917 build date. Cost me $17.50 + $2.50 shipping and came in the original box still packed in cosmoline!

Quote by mr.dirt View Post
    Seeing all that perfectly good weaponry in a deact state makes me want to weep tears of Light Machine Oil!
    and the prices! I bought my unissued Springfield 1903 in the mid 1960's when they cleared out the Springfield Armory in Boston. 1917 build date. Cost me $17.50 + $2.50 shipping and came in the original box still packed in cosmoline!
    I'm afraid deacts are the best us Brits have on offer! All thanks to our joke of a government!

Can you believe that a childs toy gun MUST be painted bright green so as not to be confused with a REAL fire arm!!!!!! It makes me sick!!!

Here in New York City, all toy guns (even water pistols), must be painted ORANGE at the barrel end after a rookie police officer shot a child who thought it was "fun" to point a toy gun at a cop at night. Understanding the situation for the Police Officer having a split second to make a decision that might meak his life or death is not easy for the average citizen. We have much more gun crime here than you do, but we also equip our police differently.

Amazingly we do not require the anti stab vests that are std issue for the Metro police that I saw on patrol in London.

Maybe all kitchen and butter knives will have to be painted green in the future as well!

Quote by WoodyUK View Post
    I'm afraid deacts are the best us Brits have on offer! All thanks to our joke of a government!

Can you believe that a childs toy gun MUST be painted bright green so as not to be confused with a REAL fire arm!!!!!! It makes me sick!!!

Thanks all, the best I have found is a Mk1 Lithgow 1942 VGC, deactivated with full working action (which i assume means deactivated before 1996?) for £315 delivered, starting to sound like a good deal, checked the other sites listed, Saracen are close with a Mk1 for £325 later butstock and non extendable bipod legs or £300 for a Mk2.
    Anything special I should investigate on the Mk1 to check it is good? General thoughts of relative value between Mk 1's?
    Thanks for all your help again.

Chris

Hi Chris, actually all Brens regardless of date of de-activation wil cock & strip. This is due to the fact they are a bipod mounted weapon, hence the old spec/new spec rules have little bearing in this case.

Cheers, Ade.

Thanks Ade, good bit of info, from what i can gather then it should have firing pin cut and barrel blocked and welded to the stock?

Chris

Hi Chris, you have it right

Cheers, Ade.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast