MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

Bren gun serial numbers

Article about: I have recently acquired Mk I Bren gun H9340; can anyone tell me when this gun was made or dose anyone know how (if at alll) one can trace the history of the weapon?

chris brown
    ?

Default Bren gun serial numbers

I have recently acquired Mk I Bren gun H9340; can anyone tell me when this gun was made or dose anyone know how (if at alll) one can trace the history of the weapon?

Default Re: Bren gun serial numbers

Hi Chris, and welcome to the forum!

You will not be able to trace any history of the gun sadly.

Yours will be made by Enfield.

Cheers, Ade.

The makers name/mark should be on the receiver along with the date etc.

M3Bobby on here will be your best bet for some info about it.

Hi Chris, Your Bren is a Enfield gun assembled in approx June 1941. Is it a UK Deac or are you lucky enough to have a live one in the US?

There should be a ED monogramme on the left side like this.

ATB, Chris.

chris brown
    ?

Much obliged! It is a Deac...much as I'd like to fire one I doubt if I can get that opportunity in Scotland and I certainly could not own one. i have n't stripped it yet, it only arivved the other day and I've been busy witht eh Lee Enfield that arrived at the same time. Fortunatley I have quite a number of small arms pamphlets, including the Bren. They are all neatly bound together and formerly the property of Major Loudon who was, I think, the Brigade Major of 3rd (Indian) Infantry Brigade at Jhelum in 1937-40. I see someone on this site is looking for a Bren and prepared to pay 200-250 GBP....I fear they will struggle, though there seem to be plenty at around 350-80 plus postage.

?

Never been fortunate enough to fire a Bren in its 303 format, but did get to fire it in re-barrelled 7.62NATO when I was in the TA. Great weapon and very accurate when set up right for the firer
    Would love to own one, but then again, I would also like to own an L7A1/2 GPMG with complete SF kit and an L1A1 SLR.
    Unfortunately, she who must be obeyed, (the wife!), has said, even if I had the money for them, the answer is still an emphatic NO!!

Regards etc

Ian D

AKA: Jimpy

Quote by chris brown View Post
    I see someone on this site is looking for a Bren and prepared to pay 200-250 GBP....I fear they will struggle, though there seem to be plenty at around 350-80 plus postage.
    I agree, £200 is the price you would have paid 2 or 3 years back but now the last have been deactivated, there is no more on the market so prices will go up. £300 is the cheapest you will get a Mk1 but that wont last much longer. I've sold 2 Lithgows recently for £280 and they had mk2 type barrels.

This is my L4A2/4

And my L4A3