Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Bren Guns

Article about: Ok, First one, I know the seller but I'm impartial. The body is in very nice condition, lots of blue remaining, 1941 dated so early, nice adjustable bipod but can't tell if its Inglis or Enf

Default Bren Guns

Chaps, thinking of getting a Bren, what would be a good MK or a good model.year to try and get, what should I be looking for or trying to avoid?

Many thanks
    Ben

?

Default Re: Bren Guns

I like the Mk I or Mk I*. I own a Inglis Mk I* and is my favorite LMG.

That's a question with many answers! What do you want to pay? Have you considered the marks available? Older spec or newer spec (There are subtle differences, the 2012 and 2013 examples floating around can be the dregs and roughly deactivated)? How much do you want to pay etc.

You have the choice of Mk1 DD, Mk1 pattern A (AKA Mk1m), Mk2, Mk3, 7.62mm conversions etc, then there is the manufacturer, Lithgow, Inglis or Enfield and then the originality, if you find some, let me know what your looking at and I'll give you my opinion.

p.s. The World Wide Arms Mk3s are a good buy, they are mostly 1955/56 dated but are original and not mixed bags. Down sides is they are post war (Identical to WW2 examples) and the price (About right for a Mk3).

?

Can't help with the choice of guns but you won't regret buying one.Excellent for the display & War Room. So go what ever you can afford!!!. Cheers Terry.,

Cheers guys, I am currently looking at three Mk 1's, one is a dove tail, shiney barrel, lumpy butt (excuse my lingo not a gun man) and WW2 dated 1939, 1941 and 1943, pics are coming soon so I will post for the jury

Cheers

- - Updated - -

BTW prices for these range from £425 to £495
    Ben

Would the 1939 gun happen to have a gas axe cut to the side??

Quote by m3bobby View Post
    Would the 1939 gun happen to have a gas axe cut to the side??
    One of them might be? Waiting for pics now of that many I have lost track!
    Ben

Well chaps, here is one that has come through, Inglis 1941
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Bren Guns   Bren Guns  

Bren Guns   Bren Guns  

Bren Guns   Bren Guns  

Ben

Let me know if it is, Sal is the owner and he may do a deal, it was for sale 6 months back for £50 less so he may be open to offers. I may also have a section that could be added to fix the cut.

Here is another one to look at, Inglis 1944
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Bren Guns   Bren Guns  

Bren Guns  
    Ben

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast