Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Bren Guns

Article about: Ok, First one, I know the seller but I'm impartial. The body is in very nice condition, lots of blue remaining, 1941 dated so early, nice adjustable bipod but can't tell if its Inglis or Enf

Default Re: Bren Guns

Noch einmal

This is a almost mint condition 1944 dated Mk2 Bren gun. 95% original finish with the woodwork showing almost no signs of bruising,dents or scratches. This Bren has a super smooth dry firing and is fully field strippable apart from the barrel. Complete with deactivation Certifcate.

Pics crap so here the libnk to it:

http://www.mjlmilitaria.com/
    Attached Images Attached Images Bren Guns  Bren Guns  Bren Guns  Bren Guns  Bren Guns  Bren Guns  Bren Guns  Bren Guns 
    Ben

Same site:

his example is an early Inglis manufactured MK1M 1941 dated Bren gun. The gun has all the correct features, including Mk1 fluted barrel, dial sight, fixed height bipod, correct MK1 'humped' butt stock and folding cocking handle. It is an interesting gun, in that it has a NZ stamping, signifying use by New Zealand forces in WW2. The gun can be dry fired and is fully field stripped. A really good example. Complete with deactivation certificate

http://www.mjlmilitaria.com/
    Ben

Quote by m3bobby View Post
    Let me know if it is, Sal is the owner and he may do a deal, it was for sale 6 months back for £50 less so he may be open to offers. I may also have a section that could be added to fix the cut.
    The one with the cut he has sold, so this must be the other one he has on his site @ £495
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Bren Guns   Bren Guns  

Ben

Any thoughts on this one chaps? Mk1 Inglis dated 1942
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Bren Guns   Bren Guns  

Ben

Don't bother with the ones shown above except the last, they all have some problems, the Lithgow was a DP so will have plenty of DP marks, the Inglis Mk2 has a Mk1 lower and a Daimler barrel, the Mk1 looks like a ex Greek gun and although may be correct Mk1m, I bet its non matching, finish looks mismatched anyway.

The last one is a Inglis Mk1m, FTR'd (Factory Thorough Repaired) by Lithgow in the 50s, hence the Mk2 type barrel and Aussie Mk3 bipod (Normal for Lithgow FTRs) and these although not to original spec, are in very nice condition (I have a few my self). It does however have a removed DP marking on the butt so we could do with some more photos.

i'll go PM you now

?

Ben have you seen the BREN on gunstar..?. A lot of pennies but a lot of kit..£950.. but you get the box,bag, gun, & lots more...I couldn't get the link to copy.. So GUNSTAR on deacts.. Cheers Terry.

Cheers Terry, I have seen that mate but the wife would kill me picking one up tomorrow hopefully, a nice Mk2
    Ben

?

Ben looking forward to seeing this gun...I have a BREN & they display very well..Keep us all updated. Cheers Terry

Quote by Tango View Post
    Ben looking forward to seeing this gun...I have a BREN & they display very well..Keep us all updated. Cheers Terry
    Will do mucker, I will pm you at some point soon, might be going to my sisters, if you around we could meet up and chew the fat
    Ben

?

Roger just fire away when ready.... Cheers Terry

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast