Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Bren Mk1 & Lee Enfield No4

Article about: Hello all, Just thought I'd post pictures of my new deacts. I bought these yesterday at the Liverpool Arms Fair. BREN GUN MK1 I paid £280 for this. It was deactivated in 2004. I'm not sure w

Default Re: Bren Mk1 & Lee Enfield No4

Quote by eddy8men View Post
    hi chris
    thanks for the reply the date stamp is 1943 and the number A 8073 i'm not too clued up on the bren even though i have the skennerton small arms book on it,i think i just got lost in all the text.my tiny brain couldn't cope with all those dates and variants.

cheers eddy
    I estimate your bren was produced in Febuary 43, If you look at the Barrel on your gun you should find some "MA" Stamps, a number somthing like "3'42" or similar date and a number stamped which wont have a prefix letter (Actual barrel number).

Cheers, Chris.

hi chris
    thanks for the info

eddy

Hi Lee,
    The display is looking good mate i like the way you have done that
    they look impressive.
    dave.

Cheers Dave... all thanks to you me old mate! Thanks for the tips!

My Mk1, probably amongst the last of the double dovetails produced at Enfield in 1940. Some of my other junk is in the background.

Harry.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Bren Mk1 & Lee Enfield No4  

Hi Harry, Its got a nice patina, does it have the Enfield ED logo on the left or right side? If you tell me the serial number, I can tell you roughly when it was made and what stage intermediate gun it is.

Cheers, Chris.

Hi Chris,
    The picture is a bit naff really, I normally do the photographs outside. but the weather did not favour that option today. The gun is a bog-standard Mk1 of 1940 vintage. The only difference between this and the earlier model is the absense of the lightening slots in the receiver just forward of the magazine housing. Serial numbers are all matching (apart from barrel) and the butt has the usual BSA made components. Serial number is in the E64XX-range, which I suspect is about August/September. Date and EFD is to the left side of receiver. I have dug out a few more pictures I took a while ago. The gun which Woody now has can be seen in the pictures.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Bren Mk1 & Lee Enfield No4  

Oops! Should have been more pictures than that!

What are the other guns Harry?

Cheers,
    Lee

Hi Lee,

My collection is vastly depleted from what it once was. At one time I had 10 WW1 Vickers guns, two Maxim Mg08's, Mg08/15, three Lewis guns and WW1 bolt action rifles of all kinds. There were loads of other junk as well, all thats left of the guns are the pictures I took at the time. I have at the moment the Bren Mk1, Mg34 in almost mint condition, Sarac M53 (Yugo copy of Mg42) which has waffen stamps, Mauser Kar98K, SLR rifle, Federal Riot-gun, Yugo M56 smg, and there is a 1916 Webley Flare pistol lying about in its original holster somewhere. I also have the caps you can see in the background and a few combat helmets. The Japanese flag and helmet which can be seen recently arrived from Tokyo, another is due from Hiroshima in the next few days.

Harry.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast