Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

BREN MK1 LMG on 1939 tripod

Article about: Dear friends hello here is my bren an early mk1 set up on its tripod mount in sustained fire mode for shooting on fixed lines. Sight of the point of marking before, and the housing of the tu

Default Re: BREN MK1 LMG on 1939 tripod

Sorry to drag up an old post, but could you tell me the serial number? I'm sort of the unofficial Bren registrar and record all known Bren survivors. Being a DD Bren and dated 1939 its serial number must lie between A8320 and C4000ish.

Cheers, Chris.

I'm kinda glad you did dig up this old post, otherwise I wouldnt have seen these great photo's!

Thanks

Danny

Quote by m3bobby View Post
    Sorry to drag up an old post, but could you tell me the serial number? I'm sort of the unofficial Bren registrar and record all known Bren survivors. Being a double decal Bren and dated 1939 its serial number must lie between A8320 and C4000ish.

Cheers, Chris.
    Hello to answer your question, the serial number of this BREN is B.6857
    Friendly johann. T

Here is the link of the other bren found in search(excavation) on the DUNKERQUE
    https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/battl...ne-1940-a.html

Thanks Johann,

This would mean that your Bren was made in June 1939, just in time for the start of the war.

These photos are amazing, do you have many other finds? Whats the serial number of your tripod? Did i read that it was a 1938, if it is, thats the first 1938 I've come acrose.

Thanks, Chris.

Thanks Johann,

This would mean that your Bren was made in June 1939, just in time for the start of the war.

These photos are amazing, do you have many other finds? Whats the serial number of your tripod? Did i read that it was a 1938, if it is, thats the first 1938 I've come acrose.

Thanks, Chris.
    friendly Johann,
    Dear chris hello
    To answer your question, the tripod in him(it) serial number on A.1307

CORDIALLY JOHANN

Quote by prospecteur59 View Post
    friendly Johann,
    Dear chris hello
    To answer your question, the tripod in him(it) serial number on A.1307

CORDIALLY JOHANN
    Thanks Johann, Is that a 1938 tripod?

Cheers Chris.

Thanks Johann, Is that a 1938 tripod?

Cheers Chris.

Dear chris hello
    This tripod was made in 1938.

Friendly johann

BREN MK1 LMG on 1939 tripod

WillysJeep
    ?

I realise that it's been a while since this thread was posted, but I wonder if anyone can help me? I have a Mk1 Bren tripod, but it is missing the anti-aircraft legs and I've been unable to find any for sale. I am now thinking of making some, but have been unable to find any close,detailed, photgraphs to show what they look like and how they join together. If you can help with dimensions and/or photos, I would be very much obliged.
    Bérnard
    Laizy, France

?

Very nice, the Bren tripods with the anti aircraft extensions are hard to find these day in the US.

Quote by WillysJeep View Post
    I realise that it's been a while since this thread was posted, but I wonder if anyone can help me? I have a Mk1 Bren tripod, but it is missing the anti-aircraft legs and I've been unable to find any for sale. I am now thinking of making some, but have been unable to find any close,detailed, photgraphs to show what they look like and how they join together. If you can help with dimensions and/or photos, I would be very much obliged.
    Bérnard
    Laizy, France
    Are you sure it's a Mk1? If it's a H or J serial number then it is a Mk1* and would never have had the AA leg.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast