Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

British infantry arsenal

Article about: Hey guys, Just thought id share my small collection of British infantry weapons that ive aquired over this winter. I would also like to throw it out there that all these weapons are in 100%

?

Thumbs up

I had a No 5 carbine many years ago and for what ever reason sold it. When I later got interested in Brit weapons I didn't replace it because it was not used in Europe.
    I currently have a No 1 Mk III & No 4, Mk I and a stocked Inglis HP with tangient sights and stock slot.
    OK, now you need to get serious about your Brit collection and add these:
    Sarge
    British infantry arsenal

?

unfortunately i come across lots of sporterized milsurps and it kills me to see such a waste of a piece of history. Sometimes i like to think of myself as a bit of a saviour for these guns ahaha

?

Sarge, having just started my brit collection im not well equipped yet but next on my list are the no1 mkIII and the webley. Ive been trying to start by getting all the rifles, then handguns and next will be picking up a sten. luckily the stens are still relatively easy to aquire here so im saving it till last. Also going to be starting a russian collection soon too since the hunting stores here are over flowing with moisins and tokarevs for 200$.

Quote by Phil97 View Post
    To answer your question Danny none of the mags have been modified, in Canada the 5 round rule only applies to semi automatics therefore bolt actions can carry as many as they please.
    Gotcha thanks for clearing that up! Did not know that it only applied to semi guns. Good to know!

?

Quote by Dannyjunkfish View Post
    Gotcha thanks for clearing that up! Did not know that it only applied to semi guns. Good to know!
    Also, with handguns were only allowed 10 round magazines.

Nice collection, i hope to own these one day if i ever get my PAL

Kind of same in my commie state. We can only own high cap mags (above 10 rounds) if they were made before Sep of 1994. Funny, pretty much all my mags are older than I am.

?

Quote by TacticalWhale View Post
    Nice collection, i hope to own these one day if i ever get my PAL
    Thanks,talking bout PAL's Im guessing your from Canada too? If so id suggest looking into doing the course soon because their in the process of rewriting the whole thing making it harder to acquire, just what my local firearms examiner told me.

?

Quote by Dannyjunkfish View Post
    Kind of same in my commie state. We can only own high cap mags (above 10 rounds) if they were made before Sep of 1994. Funny, pretty much all my mags are older than I am.
    We have some exceptions to Milsurp guns as well, for us if we have a prohibited gun (automatics and short barreled handguns) they can be grandfathered a generation if manufactured before 1946. Unfortunately my dad wasnt into collecting guns so any automatics i buy have to be deacts. However had my dad had the prohib license he could have granfathered say an MP40 to me but such isnt the case sadly :/

Quote by Sarge View Post
    I had a No 5 carbine many years ago and for what ever reason sold it. When I later got interested in Brit weapons I didn't replace it because it was not used in Europe.

British infantry arsenal
    Actually, I have found footage of 51 or 52nd infantry divisions using No5's in the Invasion of Holland, so they were definitely used in Europe. Just not in large numbers.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast