Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Browning 1900 in need of some care

Article about: I have just picked up this Deactivated Browning 1900 pistol. As can be seen it is completely knackered: By my reckoning I need the following parts: Magazine Grips Breech block screw, short R

Default Browning 1900 in need of some care

I have just picked up this Deactivated Browning 1900 pistol. As can be seen it is completely knackered:

Browning 1900 in need of some careBrowning 1900 in need of some careBrowning 1900 in need of some careBrowning 1900 in need of some care

By my reckoning I need the following parts:

Magazine
    Grips
    Breech block screw, short
    Recoil spring
    Recoil spring guide nut
    Grip screw x2
    Grip retainer x2
    Safety
    Trigger Catch Pin
    Seer catch pin
    Safety spring
    Magazine catch
    Trigger bar

If anyone knows of someone stocking parts (preferably in the UK) please let me know...

The jury is out on importing bits from the U.S., none of the parts I need are illegal in the U.K., but apparently others have had a visit from plod for just having grips posted to them!

Sadly, considering it's condition and lack of so many crucial parts, I would have to question if it is even worth the trouble and, no doubt, considerable expense it would entail to restore it.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

You are probably right, I quite like the challenge of restoring it, but it will probably be a back burner project. I would at least like to get some grips though so it looks nice on display.

?

Make some Grips.

The Pistol is a bit of turd,so making some Grips won't hurt its "value" at all.
    Or get it Chromed and mount it on your letter box?

It'd be a nice display piece with some grips!..

A bit expensive, but there are a couple of
    sets on ebay.uk at the mo.........
    Regards,

Steve.

Looks like the original pistol has been cannibalised for parts already.-better off getting a complete one as the cost would have to be less than buying bits piecemeal.

?

Get Yourself a cheap hardwood chopping board at a car boot sale and make Yourself a pair of grips.Find one with a nice grain in the wood.An easy and very good way to get it looking a little better

Thanks, that's a good idea and fits with this Yorkshireman's philosophy on spending money...

I think this is a Chinese copy, actually. I have this exact same gun. lol
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Browning 1900 in need of some care  

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast