Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

BSACo. Model 1895 Lee-Enfield MK* rifle

Article about: Here for your viewing pleasure is BSACo. Lee-Enfield MKI* 1901 serial number A55655 which was issued to PVT Arnold Van Buren who enlisted in the 6th Canadian Mounted Rifles, South African Fo

More details to show various proof etc marks:

More details from PVT Arnold's service records:

?

Quote by Gunny Hartmann View Post
    Great piece of history!....
    +1 Well done

- - ------- - -

Quote by Gunny Hartmann View Post
    Great piece of history!....
    +1 Well done.

Took the rifle out to the range yesterday and had excellent results at 50 yards with Hornady .303 British 174-gr boat tail hollow point Vintage Match AMMO. This off-the-shelf ammo is designed to provide top of the line quality and match grade accuracy. The boat tail helps reduce the drag on the round as it travels to its target. The muzzle velocity of this product is 2430 feet per second and will still be traveling at roughly 1650 feet per second at 500 yards. Its trajectory levels out at 200 meters, and drops 10.5 inches at 300 yards. These cartridges have a brass case, are Boxer primed, non-corrosive, and are reloadable.

Nice, thx for sharing. I long (branch? ;-) pun intended... to have a 303 again, but I probably wouldn't shoot it. Can't find the time anymore, or I just won't make the time. Range is a two hour round trip, count on being there at least a whole afternoon, basically a whole day's commitment, plus I'd want to bring a carload...

Very fine rifle, the paperwork is the icing on the cake. Looks like it is still an accurate battle rifle, even though it is 114 years old! Thx to Hornady for making the ammo, way to go guys

?

varifleman,

Good to see you took it out. Did you try any other ammunition with it? Ive heard the boat tailed projectiles can cause an accuracy issue with 303s if you've got any sort of wear in the bore, something about not forming a proper seal.

Alex

I'm glad my shooting range is just 5 miles from the house; one of the benefits of living in rural SW Virginia! The Hornady ammo fed without any problems and looks to be very accurate with this rifle. Next time I'll try some of this WWII British .303 issue ammo.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2