Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

byf 43 P-38

Article about: Enjoy this Mauser byf 43 P-38 and Hard Shell 1943 Holster... cal. 9mm BILL

Default byf 43 P-38

Enjoy this Mauser byf 43 P-38 and Hard Shell 1943 Holster... cal. 9mm BILL
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture byf 43   P-38   byf 43   P-38  

byf 43   P-38  
    "As long as there are brave men and warriors the halls of Valhalla will never be silent or empty"

In memory of my father William T. Grist December 26, 1920--September 10, 2009..
    901st. Ordnance H.A.M. North Africa, Italy, Southern France....ETO
    Also in memory of my mother Jane Kidd Grist Feb. 22, 1920-- September 27, 2009... WWll War bride May 1942...

padre
    ?

Default Re: byf 43 P-38

Very nice.
    Up to now the only hardshells I have seen with an angled front strap were bml 43's.
    The threads outside directly below the metal plate seem unusual. Is it a repair to the inside lifting strap?

Here's mine. I'll try for a better shot.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture byf 43   P-38  

Tom2
    ?

In the US we must be careful. Now they are selling reproduction holsters with original style stamped markings in the leather. Only obvious flaw, I guess, is that they look mint new condition, from what I have seen. There are apparently no marks to indicate that they are repros, but I am not sure that the marks are 100% correct either.

Bill that pistol is very nice, I love the color of the grips.

Good looking rig,would like to see a close up of the pistol.I am still looking for a byf 42,not so easy to find. best regards

Bill,

Your collection of firearms is most impresive. What a fine example of a P-38 gun rig.

Regards,

Joel

?

Well gotta admit that despite guite good stamps thi holster seems to be a repro. Sewinglines do not look right. The thread is nearly white, with no dirtsigns which come really easy after even modest use. And finally inside of the holster - too new - that will say - no signs nearly what so ever that there would have been a gun inside of it ever. Holster seems to be unused - and this is highly unlikely. All this + falsely placed sewing tell too well that this holster is a repro.

Sorry, but can't see anything wrong with this hard-shell holster "SVaaka"...
    The thick thread that was used on these holsters stay in surprisingly good condition, and I have seen lots of ORIGINAL examples that look even newer...

A beautiful handgun with a well marked near mint holster "Bill"
    Now where is your spare magazine?

Love your taste for clean quality "Bill"

Quote by packin9 View Post
    Here's mine. I'll try for a better shot.
    Also a nice one "packin9", would love som better photos