MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

C96 mauser help please

Article about: I know many of you are experts on these, and I just cannot find much info on these (so many variations). I think this is a Bolo model, but cannot be sure. It's part of a group of pistols for

?

Default C96 mauser help please

I know many of you are experts on these, and I just cannot find much info on these (so many variations). I think this is a Bolo model, but cannot be sure. It's part of a group of pistols for sale, and out of my knowledge base. I just might buy it if I can figure out what era it may have been used. I believe it is NOT 9mm parabellum, definitely needs a cleanup. I don't know if i is commercial or military either, but I think it is post WW1. Any information would be gratefully appreciated, thanks so much!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture C96 mauser help please   C96 mauser help please  

C96 mauser help please   C96 mauser help please  

C96 mauser help please  

MAP
    ?

Been years since I've read up on Broomhandles. I do not own one (yet), but something about this one that is odd to me.

I know there were a lot of unlicensed copies made in China, some even with all the standard Mauser markings and in differenet calibers as well.
    Let's wait for others with more experience.

Michael
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Looks like a 9 para Bolo. Imperial German markings to me, with replacement grips.

Here is bolo information, text is copy from link my earlier post.

Postwar Bolo

This was the first major variant out of the Mauser factory after the war. Production started in the early 1920s, perhaps 1922.

Due to the terms of the Treaty of Versailles, German pistols were limited to 100 mm barrels or shorter, and calibers under 9mm. Mauser satisfied these restrictions by reviving an older variant, popularly known as the Bolo. Although often called the "small-frame" Mauser, most of the frame is identical to that of the full-size guns. The grip is notably smaller, but all the internal parts are identical to those of the larger pistols. The original Bolo may have been an attempt to make the gun slightly less bulky overall, a notion supported by the fact that nearly all of the very early six-shot guns were Bolos - that is, they had the smaller Bolo grips and the short (100 mm, or 3.9 inch) Bolo barrels. See more on this subject here. However, the postwar Bolos all have 10 shot magazines.

The Postwar Bolo is identical to the Wartime Commercial, with these exceptions -
    3.9" barrel with the front sight on a barrel band
    No proof stamp on locking block
    Small grip
    22 groove walnut grip panels
    Barrel serial number and proof stamps change places - serial number is now on side of chamber, proof stamp is on diagonal flat above it
    Lanyard ring swivels from side to side, rather than fore & aft

The Bolo dominated postwar production throughout the 1920s. It retained the WAFFENFABRIK MAUSER markings, even though the factory name changed to MAUSER-WERKE A.G. in the early 1920s. System Mauser gives an observed serial range of 444476 to 793350 for Postwar Bolos. My own database lists Postwar Bolos from 440864 to 674447.

Around serial 500,000, a Mauser banner mark was added to the left side of the Bolo frame.

?

Fantastic information, I thank you Sir!

Here is mauser c96 quick identification site:

1896 Mauser - quick identification

?

Marko! Great site, where was it all my life lol? Thanks so much.
    Joe
    Quote by Marko H View Post
    Here is mauser c96 quick identification site:

1896 Mauser - quick identification