Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Can anyone identify this all brass dual tube fuel and wick system?

Article about: Does anyone know what this item is?? It is a brass, 2 tubes connected by clip. Both tubes have screw caps and one holds long cotton wicking. The other tube holds fuel and a wick runs from th

exswiss
    ?

Default Can anyone identify this all brass dual tube fuel and wick system?

Does anyone know what this item is?? It is a brass, 2 tubes connected by clip. Both tubes have screw caps and one holds long cotton wicking. The other tube holds fuel and a wick runs from the fuel to a stem with cap end that you can light. There are no markings of any kind anywhere on the piece. Is it a Civil War or WWI canon lighter? It would appear to be waterproof. There is no type of striker device anywhere on it. Obviously, it is a pre lighter era. It was found under a barn in Northern Georgia.Can anyone identify this all brass dual tube fuel and wick system?Can anyone identify this all brass dual tube fuel and wick system?Can anyone identify this all brass dual tube fuel and wick system?Can anyone identify this all brass dual tube fuel and wick system?Can anyone identify this all brass dual tube fuel and wick system?

Default Re: Can anyone identify this all brass dual tube fuel and wick system?

I have no pertinent info for you as to age or anything to help actually identify this, but thought I would put in that I have one identical to this I found in an old home I was remodeling, though it has a nickel finish. Otherwise they are the same. Mine still has the packing in it and all plus a couple minor dents. Would be neat to find out its original purpose.

?

Default Re: Can anyone identify this all brass dual tube fuel and wick system?

JEDEM DAS SEINE