Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Can someone tell me more about this mosin nagant?

Article about: Hi, These sling loops can also be late ww2? Take a look here Mosin Nagant Sling Slots & Swivels so how can you now 100% if its ww2 or not? I'm looking to get a 100% ww2 one

?

Default Can someone tell me more about this mosin nagant?

Can someone tell me more about this mosin nagant?
    Thx

Can someone tell me more about this mosin nagant?Can someone tell me more about this mosin nagant?Can someone tell me more about this mosin nagant?Can someone tell me more about this mosin nagant?Can someone tell me more about this mosin nagant?Can someone tell me more about this mosin nagant?

?

Default Re: Can someone tell me more about this mosin nagant?

I think it might be an M/39 ? It has the refurb stock with the two prongs at the front to secure the bayonet better.Def used in ww2. Pretty sweet. I have the Finnish variant.
    Have you run any rounds through it yet?
    Dean

?

Hi. thx.
    no its a demil one

grts

?

Aww, what a shame.. Makes me cry. It could be used for reenactment or a wall hanger.
    -edit-
    I looked a bit closer and I think what I thought were prongs at the front may be a release lever for the front metal band.My bad, it was a shot in the dark

?

Yea it is. but there is a new law here in belgium so within a year you cant have non demil ww2 weapons without a license

?

That's terrible! What's this world coming to?! They're trying to crack down on them here, too. Mine is very different from yours so I'm not hip to your rifle.

Hi its not a Finnish M39 as it doesnt have the replacement front nose part for the fitting of the M39 Bayonet maybe a Russian M91/30 ?

My vote is for a standard 1942 Izhevsk (faint arrow in triangle mark on barrel near receiver) manufactured 91/30. My condolences to those who have to suffer excessive firearms laws. Its sad when my grandfather's .22 hunting rifle can be considered an assualt weapon.

?

What do you think about the stock? ww2 or post war? thx for all replies

Hi,

the stock is post ww2 - ww2 ones are easily distinguished by the sling loops, pre ww2 have brass sling loops secured by two small screws on each end, ww2 wartime stocks have no brass rear sling loop it is just the sling loop cut out in the wood., and only a very thin brass/metal sling loop on the front that doesnot fil out the hole of the loop, but rather bent down on the bottom, quite hard to describe.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast