Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

can you identify these movie prop guns? Bodyguards and Assasins 2009

Article about: some rifles look like Martini Henry model rifles? since the movie is supposed to be in Hong Kong circa 1905, also shown is some type of bolt action rifles, one has a scope attached, the pist

Cool can you identify these movie prop guns? Bodyguards and Assasins 2009

some rifles look like Martini Henry model rifles? since the movie is supposed to be in Hong Kong circa 1905, also shown is some type of bolt action rifles, one has a scope attached, the pistol looks like a Chinese copy of an early Browning automatic?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture can you identify these movie prop guns? Bodyguards and Assasins 2009   can you identify these movie prop guns? Bodyguards and Assasins 2009  

can you identify these movie prop guns? Bodyguards and Assasins 2009   can you identify these movie prop guns? Bodyguards and Assasins 2009  

can you identify these movie prop guns? Bodyguards and Assasins 2009   can you identify these movie prop guns? Bodyguards and Assasins 2009  

They perhaps just used any older looking rifles that they could get their hands on.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

?

There actually was a thread quite recently about this type of "Knock Off" pistol.. I will try to find a link for you... Sorry I was mistaken on the id of the pistol...G
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture can you identify these movie prop guns? Bodyguards and Assasins 2009  
    I'd rather be A "RaD Man than a Mad Man "

The Chinese are notorious for coping everything. And firearms are no exception. This is not an insult. It is fact. As my wife is Chinese. The pistol in question looks like a tokarev. The rifles are a mix of what appears to be Martini Henry’s and Siamese Mausers.
    The one with the scope has me thrown off a bit. The scope mount will not work properly in the real world. And he is trying to shot this left handed. But with all that said it is a Chinese movie and it is entertainment. To the untrained eye it looks ok. Just my opinion this morning.

John
    I specialize in M1 carbines and Lugers.

Rifles in the first pic are Martini Enfields in .303-essentially rebarreled Henrys to make use of the older rifles with the then new ammo from 1900 onwards-were widely issued to colonial troops.
    The auto pistol looks to be an FN 1903/Swedish M1907 copy (originals were in 9 x 20 Browning Long, a round that dropped out of favour with most users pretty quickly)-many Ruby type pistols were made using the basic design but had different proportions and almost all in 7.65 mm/.32ACP. Not a TT33 Tokarev as there's no external hammer etc though the proportions are similar.

my guess is it's a "non firing prop gun" I agree it does appear to be based on the FN M1903 auto pistol.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture can you identify these movie prop guns? Bodyguards and Assasins 2009