Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

a carcano I just picked up...

Article about: I just picked this rifle up yesterday. I look for inexpensive shooter grade weapons as I actually like to shoot them. This one appears to be in great shape....The interesting thing about thi

MAP
    ?

Quote by ziomanno View Post
    The bolt is from another 91 rifle, probably a 91/38, since the 41 model was issued with straight handle bolt. Maybe even an earlier model (WWI) since numbering the bolts wasn't a common pratice during the WWII.
    It is a Terni rifle, check also the stock cartouche over s/n.
    Good catch on the bolt handle.

The stock looks sanded and varnished. Not sure if you agree but if you look at the pics closely you can see the ghost outline of the Terni Cartouche over the s/n.

Michael
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Yes, I can see the ghost. Maybe with a strong, angled light would be possibile to take a clearer and readable pic of it.

MAP
    ?

Quote by ziomanno View Post
    Yes, I can see the ghost. Maybe with a strong, angled light would be possibile to take a clearer and readable pic of it.
    Eitherway, the OP is using this as basically a shooter. My question would be if the different Bolt would be an issue on safety. Would not expect so as the main difference I would suspect would be in just the turned down handle and not in any of the lugs and such............

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

The bolt shouldn't make a difference. Like the Kar98k and the Nagant, the only difference is length.

A vet bring back Carcano is strange but totally possible and I can't think of any other explanation for cutting it.

Not being the original bolt, the only issue could be the headspace; he has just to check it before shooting.

?

thanks for all the info guys...

MAP
    ?

Quote by vbk76 View Post
    thanks for all the info guys...
    Enjoy it!

Great price on an under appreciated rifle. The clips themselves are pretty scarce these days as is the sling. Vet Carcanos do appear now and then. This one appears to have been enhanced, possibly at the time the stock splice was rejointed. It will shoot well with proper loads

?

numrich has clips for sale..

What the M91/41 should look like. Straight bolt.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture a carcano I just picked up...  

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast