Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Carl Ziess marked Zielvier telescopic sight for K98

Article about: Hi Guys, I saw this item at a friends home yesterday. He has already purchased it. The pics were taken indoors last night, so are not perfect. He is not a forum member but I have said I woul

Default Carl Ziess marked Zielvier telescopic sight for K98

Hi Guys, I saw this item at a friends home yesterday. He has already purchased it. The pics were taken indoors last night, so are not perfect.

He is not a forum member but I have said I would post it here for opinions. I have given him my thoughts. He would welcome more opinions please on both the scope and mounts. Note the sight picture and cross hairs, etc.

Thanks.

Cheers, Ade.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Carl Ziess marked Zielvier telescopic sight for K98   Carl Ziess marked Zielvier telescopic sight for K98  

Carl Ziess marked Zielvier telescopic sight for K98   Carl Ziess marked Zielvier telescopic sight for K98  

Carl Ziess marked Zielvier telescopic sight for K98   Carl Ziess marked Zielvier telescopic sight for K98  

Carl Ziess marked Zielvier telescopic sight for K98  
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Ade,
    This is the Long Side Rail System for the ZF, like a ZF 39, but this optic seems to be civilian, without code. (dow...)
    Other thing : i don't see the number of the weapon.
    Cheers,
    Michel

Thanks Michel. There is no serial number for the weapon on it.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

If you want scans tomarrow...
    Cheers
    Michel

I ask if it's a good one...

?

Based on the serialnumber of the scope in question it was produced prewar (early 30s)
    Wartime scopes are in the range of 75000-80000

Germany (3) - A.A.S.

i don't see this mount on the site but he can make all you want.

Hi Guys, thanks for the replies.

Fake scopes and mounts can be bought here:

World War II Scope&Mount Reproduction

I did not want to post my opinion about this item in my original post in case it might influence peoples replies about it.

To be honest, I don't like it. The cross hairs are out of alignment. Look at the left horizontal one: it is higher than the right and they are all fuzzy in appearance. The small locking knob on the top of the scope is also not straight. I thought that the wear looked very forced. Something which can be transmitted by a photo is the smell of the scope. I thought it smelt of new gun bluing compound.

I know repros of these scopes are made. Search ZF39 scopes. Early ones seem to have the Carl Ziess name: later fakes just have the town name of Jena. No doubt so they do not fall foul of copyrite laws. The scope does not match the repo in the link I posted. But a French forum I found had a post about these out of line cross hairs and someone said these are fakes.

The scope came mounted on a deact K98. This I can tell you was a total "bitsa" (made of parts) with nothing matching. And being a late 30's gun with wartime laminate stock, pressed bands, sight hood etc. The scope did not sit right on the gun and very slightly sloped upwards.

My friend paid £1000 for the rifle and scope.

Cheers, Ade.

PS: More opinions would be most welcome!

Just from the cross hairs I would be very suspicious, not what I would expect from a quality manufacturer...........
    Think I would be asking for a full or partial refund.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast