Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Carl Ziess marked Zielvier telescopic sight for K98

Article about: Hi Guys, I saw this item at a friends home yesterday. He has already purchased it. The pics were taken indoors last night, so are not perfect. He is not a forum member but I have said I woul

Perhaps, but 1000 £ is a small price, in France the price of the ZF is about 1100 €.

A nice K98 is less than £400 in the UK, so that leaves over £600 for a (possibly fake) scope....

?

It's obvious this scope and mount have not been together very long. The scope has almost no traits of having been mil issue. Mount looks too new from pics to be right. There has been a european company making reproduction LSR , SSR and turret mounts/bases for some years now. Those are very high quality repro mount systems..and they lack period german marks/proofs thankfully.
    If your friend bought this priced as "the real deal" he got hosed. If he bought it on the cheap to mount to a rifle to have a shooter repro sniper rifle he did OK. Too many not knowledgeable think they bought gold for high dollar and for the money can't see they hosed themselves.

Thanks very much for all the additional comments. I will pass the link to my firend so he can decide on how to proceed.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

My friend would also like to pass on his thanks to you all.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

He has now had a full refund.

Thanks again.

Cheers, Ade.

Good news Ade!.....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2