Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Charlton Heston person gun vault..

Article about: OK, these pics were sent to me awhile back, they say this is the personal gun vault for Charlton Heston, I would love to have a vault like this in my basement. So many choices of Class-3 wea

Reg
    ?

Default Re: Charlton Heston person gun vault..

Hmmmm some playroom. One day, maybe one day ..... Lol

I wonder if they pried them from his cold dead hands

?

Quote by dustyr55 View Post
    This is not Charlton Heston's collection. It may possibly belong to a Connecticut lawyer and gun collector named Bruce Stern, who was also involved with the NRA>

Dusty
    That sounds familiar.

Yup - Heston lived in Hollywood Hills, this house did not belong to him.

Regardless - I would love a private shooting range like that, the biggest thing for me is finding the time to shoot - that is the coolest little indoor shooting range.

The collection is awesome - Late model FG42, MP44, Erma EMP, MP41, the Thompsons and BAR collections are insane.
    Although, I am jealous of anyone collecting before 1980, as this collector likely was, the prices are not even close to comparable to what they are now. The biggest cost then was often the $200 tax stamp - that is less than a single example of the cost of many of these guns magazines today.

Pit.

Panzer,

I doubt you would have any luck breaking into this vault in a fast ammount of time..
    Military spec vaults have a rating for break in at 190 mins per man times four..
    Meaning that it would take four men 190 mins each to break in the vault, and the
    military spec vault doors are screen doors compaired to this one..
    This thing is like a bank vault door, which is everything of 3 to 5 tons..
    And another thing the dude seems to have a LITTLE money, so he probibly has
    vibratation sensors that are triggered to go off in a cretain ammount of time
    if the alarm isnt cancelled.. And most likely the alarm is a silent alarm, which
    the enforcement agencies are clued in on this place.. meaning that the
    City police, County police, State police, FBI, CIA, ATF, Military will respond in 2 seconds,
    and you can count on that, the police will protect that joint..
    Thats an armoury, and do not want these in the streets.. So my answer is
    NO I dont think anyone is getting in there without an engraved initation..
    Last edited by FJ5 chally; 10-24-2012 at 02:04 AM.

If I had this collection, I would test every single one. The worst that could happen is that it won't shoot or it will blow up. No problem, grab another one just like it from the wall lol

?

Wow, 4 thompsons? AND A FLAMETHROWER??? Too bad it's not a flammenwerfer.

?

Quote by dustyr55 View Post
    This is not Charlton Heston's collection. It may possibly belong to a Connecticut lawyer and gun collector named Bruce Stern, who was also involved with the NRA>

Dusty
    I was a good friend of Bruce (He has since passed away) and was at his house many times and visited his collection every time before I moved to Arizona. He had many more weapons that shown in those photos and while his gun rooms (plural) were protected there was no vault in his house. He was a Board Member of the NRA for many years and IIRC president of the Connecticut Gun Guild. Many of the guns in my collection I obtained from Bruce when he upgraded.

Quote by samnev View Post
    He had many more weapons that shown in those photos and while his gun rooms (plural) were protected there was no vault in his house.
    Samnev,
    Thank you for the update...
    Im sorry for your loss of a good friend

On line it says the collection was sold at auction for $12.6 million, which the Stern family donated to the NRA, along with some firearms.

Pit.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast