Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Chinese rifle t24

Article about: In my quest to buy guns as cheap as possible and repair in time i took a stab at this chinese bolt action rifle. It has not been easy to tie it down to an exact model or description as there

Default Chinese rifle t24

In my quest to buy guns as cheap as possible and repair in time i took a stab at this chinese bolt action rifle.
    It has not been easy to tie it down to an exact model or description as there seems so many types,perhaps someone on the forum can add more or correct me.
    I think its a Zhungzheng T24,made by the 21st arsenal in 7.92 x 57,as you may see its a carbine based on g98 with parade look on the front band,they had mauser type slings without g98 rear swivel and used a mauser bayonet handle with arisaka blade.
    The markings on the stock are volunteer or militia and the cartouche on the breech is 21st arsenal and should have a date but mine doesnt appear to ever had one,i show a drawn cartouche as my cameras rubbish,the bolt is oval knob which i havnt seen on other types and rear sight is missing,Colin.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Chinese rifle t24   Chinese rifle t24  

Chinese rifle t24   Chinese rifle t24  

Attached Images Attached Images Chinese rifle t24 

Hello-I have a '34' Chiang Kai Shek rifle with the same Receiver markings-the '37' is the production date ie 37 years after the revolution and foundation of the republic in 1912 by Sun Yat Sen so that would be 1949-you do get a great deal of variation in Chinese Mausers as they are more craft items than true industrial products.

I cleaned it up today and definately no date.The drawing was of the interweb mine doesnt have the 37 or other date.
    Whats a 34 look like ?

I will have to wait for daylight to take photos-the rifle itself is a copy of the Mauser Standard Short Modell 33-my K98k bayo fits on perfectly to the 'H' fitting.

PS- Woodwork is marking free.

?

Quote by wrecker View Post
    buy guns as cheap as possible
    Words to live by

Nice rifle.

Now go buy a Chinese 'C-96' to go with it

Saw a Shansei Arsenal Broomhandle in .45ACP a couple of weeks ago-bloody big pistol!

?

Quote by lithgow View Post
    Saw a Shansei Arsenal Broomhandle in .45ACP a couple of weeks ago-bloody big pistol!
    Very interesting. Did you by chance take a pic? Was it FS and were you tempted?

Shanxi/Shansei/Shansi (or what ever the correct terminology is) Type 17 in .45ACP are supposed to be rare, as many were destroyed because of the uncommon (for the later commie ruled China) caliber.

But the Chinese sure were fond of the C-96 for some reason.

Not that I blame them - its a wonderful looking gun IMO. Ive shot a few Chinese imports to the US. I like 'em.
    Never did handle one in .45 though.

One source states that:
    App 8,500 Shanxi .45 caliber Broomhandle pistols were supposedly produced by the Taiyuan Arsenal, but there is some debate as to how many of the Shanxi .45 caliber Broomhandle pistols currently on the commercial market were actually produced for Chinese troops, and how many are more recent productions for the US collectors' market.

It was bought by a friend here who's a major collector (1500+ live firearms) and dealer who got it from a long time acquaintance liquidating his collection-one of perhaps 5 or 6 in this country-the sort of thing you need both the right contacts and very deep pockets to get...

?

No doubt.

Would be great, if you ever get could take some pics and post them.

Does your buddy shoot it, it being so rare?

Apart from it being beefier overall than the C-96 Bolo and .30 Luger versions, what was your impression of it - finish (if original), fit, weight etc?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast