Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

Chinese SKS Vietnam war trophy...

Article about: I was walking around a gun show on Saturday when I chanced upon a gent selling an SKS for a hunting buddy. The carbine was a product of Factory 26 , made in 1967. It was really , really well

?

Default Chinese SKS Vietnam war trophy...

I was walking around a gun show on Saturday when I chanced upon a gent selling an SKS for a hunting buddy. The carbine was a product of Factory 26 , made in 1967. It was really , really well worn but with all matching numbers , an NVA made grenade launcher attachment , US War Trophy document and the "business card" of the gentleman who brought it back. He was a helo pilot in the 240th Assault Helicopter Company a unit that saw a lot of action in the Delta. It turns out that the vet lives in the same town I do and I was given his phone number. I'll be calling him as soon as time allows to find out the particulars of how he acquired the SKS. Here are some pics.

Len

Chinese SKS Vietnam war trophy...Chinese SKS Vietnam war trophy...Chinese SKS Vietnam war trophy...Chinese SKS Vietnam war trophy...Chinese SKS Vietnam war trophy...[ATTACH]undefined[/ATTACH]
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Chinese SKS Vietnam war trophy...   Chinese SKS Vietnam war trophy...  

?

Nice pull. Love that is has the documents with it and you can get the story behind the rifle.

?

Resembles the Yugo version with the grenade launcher, minus the flip up sights..

?

Nice find!!!

Very nice find. These with papers don't come along very often. I missed one 25 years ago with papers myself. Wish i would have bought it. These bring backs seem to all look the same. Of course the area they come from is hard on weapons.
    John
    I specialize in M1 carbines and Lugers.