MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Colt 1860 Army hammer

Article about: Howdy Partners, I found this old Colt yesterday, and i thought that you might enjoy seeing it. The gun has condition issues, but nothing that i can't live with. The butt shows evidence that

Quote by mauser9 View Post
    Very nice find Martin. Serial no. puts it in the 1863 date of manufacture. As always wish it could talk and tell of it's experiences. Thanks for showing.
    You are welcome, glad you enjoy!

Mart

?

Well since you asked Mart! Here ya go. It is a 1858 "New Model" .44 Remington. The serial number puts her born in 1863 and issued to the Massachusetts Volunteer Cavalry, Company "D".
    Colt 1860 Army hammerColt 1860 Army hammer

Semper Fi
    Phil

WOW!!! What a BEAUTIFUL piece! Thanks for sharing!

Mart

MAP
    ?

That is a beauty Phil. I've always loved to lines of the Remington. Bought a cheap Spanish copy out of Cabela 's many years ago and had a blast shooting it when I was younger. Dang thing would gum up after one or two cylinders however.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

?

The one I really wanted was the Colt Walker. The largest BP pistol made. But those are really up there$$$$$$. So In the early 80's I bought an Italian copy(Uberti?). That bad boy hold 60 grains and shoots a .454 ball. They say it's equivalent to the .357! I just top off the cylinder with BP (About 70 grains)and blow the excess off and cram a ball down there. That SOB is a true fire breathing dragon and will blow a 15' flame out the pipe. Very impressive at night time

Semper Fi
    Phil

MAP
    ?

Ha! Was talking to Mart about the Walker the other day. They are Beasts. Do you put on the poncho and pretend your Jose Wales??? LOL

Would love to shoot one eventually. Given the size would assume the kick isn't too bad
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

?

No poncho Michael, but I do chew on a cigar and spit on dogs!!!!LOL
    The Walker weighs 4.5 pound so yea even when I pack that badboy to the rim with BP, It still has a relatively mild recoil.

Semper Fi
    Phil

?

Quote by MAP View Post
    Would love to shoot one eventually.
    If ever your worldly travels bring you to the Deserts of Yuma, It would be my pleasure to make that happen. I promise no visits to the mine shafts.Well maybe one but that is the name of one of our local bars

The Walker also suffers from the same experience you had shooting your BP pistol. 2-3 cylinders and I have to break it down and lube it up.

Semper Fi
    Phil

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2