Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Colt 1911

Article about: It is a great Book. I would pick one up If anyone was interested in colt. It is Colt's dates of Manufacture by R.L. Wilson. I don't think they are very expensive and they are a pocket editio

?

Default Colt 1911

Hello Gents just a quick reference my pistol you see here, I wondering this is the weapons serial number? & what sites would I need to look at & to find out were is was made & date?.. Thank you for your help men!! Cheers Terry.

Colt 1911Colt 1911Colt 1911

Default Re: Colt 1911

Yep. That's the SR#. Are you looking for MFG date???
    I have a book with colt production numbers and years in it.
    I could look it up for you if you wish. Other wise search colts dates of manufacture.
    Nice looking 45.

John
    I specialize in M1 carbines and Lugers.

The C in the SR# stands for commercial model. It was made in 1937. This was not uncommon for these to be used during war time. It seems to have British proofs. This would indacate a lend lease gun.
    I hope this helps.

John
    I specialize in M1 carbines and Lugers.

?

Good morning Terry I have found this site very use full and has some excellant information there. The Sight's M1911 .45 ACP Site.

Regards Mark K

?

Cheers John & Mark, I will look at that site now.. & John thanks for the info I learn something new everyday on here..lol.. Thanks again. Terry.

I qualified as "Expert" with the .45 in the US Army back in 1984, so I have a special fondness for this weapon...They should have kept it instead of switching over to the 9mm, in my opinion...The .45 has excellent knock-down power which the Beretta lacks...
    Congratulations on such a nice score!
    cheers, Glenn

?

Hello John just a quick question?? How & where are the British Proof markings you can see??.. & Mark I've looked at that site very interesting thank you both again Terry.

There is a colt 1911 at an auction tomorrow, 15 miles from me. Unfortunately I have to work but I'm sure it will go for more than I can afford at the moment.

John, here is the serial # for the auction 1911 if you want to look it up for kicks

Quote by Tango View Post
    Hello John just a quick question?? How & where are the British Proof markings you can see??.. & Mark I've looked at that site very interesting thank you both again Terry.
    Terry, I think he means the deactivation stamps ??

?

You are welcome Terry I hope you find it usefull
    Glenn I cannot agree with you more I love my 45's IMO compared to a 9mm I would take the stopping power of the 45 any day

Regards Mark K

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast