Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Colt 1911

Article about: It is a great Book. I would pick one up If anyone was interested in colt. It is Colt's dates of Manufacture by R.L. Wilson. I don't think they are very expensive and they are a pocket editio

?

Default Re: Colt 1911

Terry, I think he means the deactivation stamps ?? Martin I didn't think they had any stampings???..But I could be wrong?? I normally am lol. Cheers Terry

?

Terry can you please post a photo of the other side of the 45 I would be interested in seeing it.

Regards Mark K

Quote by Tango View Post
    Terry, I think he means the deactivation stamps ?? Martin I didn't think they had any stampings???..But I could be wrong?? I normally am lol. Cheers Terry
    Hi Terry !! What you like !! They all do !! When the proof house over here does the deactivation, they have to stamp them to prove they have done them, its the law !!

All your deacs will have them, on the barrel and the receiver, they usually hide them with gun blue, here ya go !

?

Cheers Martin it is amazing what you learn on here I have seen that marking I just thought it was something else!!! What a donut I am lol.. & Mark the Missus is on the job now.lol..She isn't happy .. But I wear the pants in my house "not" lol. Cheers Terry.

?

Man does that sound familiar Terry I refer to my misses as my little Barracuda.

Regards Mark K

?

Here you go Mark the other side..Hopefully the photos are ok?? Cheers Terry. Colt 1911Colt 1911

Quote by Tango View Post
    Cheers Martin it is amazing what you learn on here I have seen that marking I just thought it was something else!!! What a donut I am lol.. & Mark the Missus is on the job now.lol..She isn't happy .. But I wear the pants in my house "not" lol. Cheers Terry.
    No worries Terry !! You see my SKS ???

?

Quote by helmetone View Post
    There is a colt 1911 at an auction tomorrow, 15 miles from me. Unfortunately I have to work but I'm sure it will go for more than I can afford at the moment.

John, here is the serial # for the auction 1911 if you want to look it up for kicks

If the serial number is correct on the 45 at the auction the data base puts the production date at (Feb 8 1915 to May of 1918 this would be a nice early example to have in ones collection dependent on condition of course.

Regards Mark K

Yes, I ment the Deactivation stamps. Sorry I forgot they have to be Deact's in Britain. It was those markings I was refering too. My mistake. Looks good.
    The SR# of your latest request is 1917 I have the RL Wilson book on colt. Great little book to have.

Thanks,

John
    I specialize in M1 carbines and Lugers.

?

Quote by guns ltd View Post
    Yes, I ment the Deactivation stamps. Sorry I forgot they have to be Deact's in Britain. It was those markings I was refering too. My mistake. Looks good.
    The SR# of your latest request is 1917 I have the RL Wilson book on colt. Great little book to have.

Thanks,

John
    Good info John the website only breaks down the dates so far .
    Sounds like a good book with lots of detail.

Regards Mark K

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast