Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Colt .45 Auto Presentation Grade O1918 Reproduction

Article about: Last ones...

Default Colt .45 Auto Presentation Grade O1918 Reproduction

Hope it is OK to post this here as it is a reproduction of a WWI .45 pistol. It is however, much nicer than the issue pieces that saw service in the trenches. It came with a reproduction manual of the 1911, the roll marks are true to the original, and best of all, it is fully functioning and shoots very well (this is my carry piece). The high blue polish, hand engraving and ivory is as the gun came from Colt's Custom Shop...the serial number is #7.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Colt .45 Auto Presentation Grade O1918 Reproduction   Colt .45 Auto Presentation Grade O1918 Reproduction  

[B][COLOR=Black][SIZE=3][FONT=Book Antiqua][I] Steve[/I][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/B]

[CENTER][I][FONT=Georgia][COLOR=orange]Did you ever get the feeling that the world was a tuxedo and you were a pair of brown shoes?[/COLOR][/FONT]
    [/I][/CENTER]
    [B]
    [SIZE=3][COLOR=lemonchiffon][I][CENTER][FONT=Georgia]"Fly on dear boy, from this dark world of strife. On to the promised land to eternal life"[/FONT][/CENTER]
    [/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]

?

Default Re: Colt .45 Auto Presentation Grade O1918 Reproduction

she's pretty.

Quote by RH1941 View Post
    she's pretty.
    Yea, but she's a naughty girl...the first time I took her out, she bit me (hammer bite) in the web of my hand...now I know what the guys in the trenches experienced...OUCH!!!
    [B][COLOR=Black][SIZE=3][FONT=Book Antiqua][I] Steve[/I][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/B]

[CENTER][I][FONT=Georgia][COLOR=orange]Did you ever get the feeling that the world was a tuxedo and you were a pair of brown shoes?[/COLOR][/FONT]
    [/I][/CENTER]
    [B]
    [SIZE=3][COLOR=lemonchiffon][I][CENTER][FONT=Georgia]"Fly on dear boy, from this dark world of strife. On to the promised land to eternal life"[/FONT][/CENTER]
    [/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]

?

Hi Steve where do you hide her when you carry . thats a big gun to hide. Gary

Quote by RH1941 View Post
    Hi Steve where do you hide her when you carry . thats a big gun to hide. Gary
    I have a choice of either a vintage HH Heiser shoulder holster, or an inside the waistband holster. It is actually very easy to conceal because of the flat profile.

I chose this model not only because I love the .45 caliber, but mostly because of the connection to WWI history.

[/I][/CENTER]
    [B]
    [/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]

Very nice.....BILL
    "As long as there are brave men and warriors the halls of Valhalla will never be silent or empty"

In memory of my father William T. Grist December 26, 1920--September 10, 2009..
    901st. Ordnance H.A.M. North Africa, Italy, Southern France....ETO
    Also in memory of my mother Jane Kidd Grist Feb. 22, 1920-- September 27, 2009... WWll War bride May 1942...

?

Steve I agree about the 45 great gun. US Army 45 was my first pistol WWI vintage.

oO PANT3RA Oo
    ?

Great 1911A1, im jealous. A great gun with nearly 100 years service across the world. That proves quality, durability and efficency

Thanks guys, this gun exemplifies everything I have ever wanted in a Colt. I on;y wish that I accurately capture the deep hand-rubbed mirror finish to the blue. Here are a few more photos in detail...
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Colt .45 Auto Presentation Grade O1918 Reproduction   Colt .45 Auto Presentation Grade O1918 Reproduction  

[/I][/CENTER]
    [B]
    [/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]

A few more...

[/I][/CENTER]
    [B]
    [/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast