Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

COLT AR-15A2 Government Model

Article about: I put some of them on Steve, some came with it when I bought it about 8 years ago. I'd like to upgrade the bi-pod and scope someday but it has not been a priority since it works perfectly as

Default Re: COLT AR-15A2 Government Model

I put some of them on Steve, some came with it when I bought it about 8 years ago. I'd like to upgrade the bi-pod and scope someday but it has not been a priority since it works perfectly as it is.
    As for the 100 Round mag, it's nice for a couple of hours of shooting targets not having to worry about re-loading. I take breaks to let her cool down after about 5 rounds so she doesn't overheat. I have other toys to use while it cooling down.
    Thanks

Burt

?

Default Re: COLT AR-15A2 Government Model

Quote by Scout View Post
    You have good taste in scopes. All the scopes you mention are nice and quality scopes. All favourites of mine.
    I have seen soldiers ditch their issue scopes in favoour of ACOGs, for which they shelled out themselves (albeit only a few soldiers). That when you know a quality scope; when you buy a very expensive one and know that it will be exposed to knocks and killer dust.
    Some ACOG scopes has the fiber optic on top of it, thats a nice feature. Nice not to have to depend on batteries.
    When going, I briefly considered the ACOG but thought it too expensive at the time and went for the Aimpoint option instead. A set-up which worked fine.
    Scout,
    As I said I like Aimpoint's as well I have an ML3 (2 MOA dot) on my SCAR 16S. Had to use a 3/4" riser of course. The thing I really like about the Aimpoint over the EoTech is the extremely long battery life. My Eotech 552 A65 is a nice red dot but battery life is very short compared to the Aimpoint.
    2 of my ACOG's have the
    Fiber optic. The TA 31 and the RCOM4. The other 2 the TA01 ND THE TAONSN do not.
    Last edited by samnev; 04-30-2012 at 03:25 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2