Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Compensator for AK47?

Article about: Its more simple then that! It just twists on the "ears" hold it on by locking on the the front sight! This was not a military part though ..its a "add on" kinda like putt

Default Re: Compensator for AK47?

Its more simple then that! It just twists on the "ears" hold it on by locking on the the front sight! This was not a military part though ..its a "add on" kinda like putting chrome wheels on a car ..they are kinda useless .. i got mine when bought my SKS and i took it off right away! Here is a pic of a twist on muzzle break mounted (not mine.. found it on the web)
    Attached Images Attached Images Compensator for AK47? 

Quote by ian View Post
    im on the hunt to identify this cos its bugging me
    i recognise it but cant bring it to the front of my mind
    cheers ian
    Me too.

Mike

The vents are the same, but JH's is not a twist on, and has no signs of being tapped. Like you said Duke, alittle like chrome wheels, I don't see what it's purpose is. Could be, but I'm still not sure that's what JH has. The after market SKS piece you are showing could be a knock off from JH's older piece. The mystery continues. Gonna take some more Google work for a definitive answer.

Jay

Na its the same ...the twist on "ears" on JH's have been cut or broken off .. these are not very good metal and a few weeks/months of sitting in the rain/snow could make it look like JH's ..just remember just cause its rusty doesnt mean its old! And not all of them are tapped! the one i have was not tapped iit just twisted on!

I definitely agree with you there Duke, somebody might have buried it in their backyard for awhile to give it that relic look, or maybe someboy dug it up in Laos, Cambodia, or Vietnam. A Vietnam era relic if you will. Thanks for the photograph Duke. I can't help it, I'm from Missouri, "The Show Me State". It's a curse.

Jay

Quote by sitges1990 View Post
    I definitely agree with you there Duke, somebody might have buried it in their backyard for awhile to give it that relic look, or maybe someboy dug it up in Laos, Cambodia, or Vietnam. A Vietnam era relic if you will. Thanks for the photograph Duke. I can't help it, I'm from Missouri, "The Show Me State". It's a curse.

Jay
    I understand! My Family is from Missouri (Trenton if you've ever heard of it) too! So i know how it works and i'm the same way "Show me!"

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.