Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

complete arisaka rifle with dust cover! need thoughts..

Article about: I just found this for sale. It's on consignment for 700 and it might be bigh. I don't know anything about these but I would like one but I don't want to over spend. I don't know what series

Default complete arisaka rifle with dust cover! need thoughts..

I just found this for sale. It's on consignment for 700 and it might be bigh. I don't know anything about these but I would like one but I don't want to over spend. I don't know what series it is, it has the sling, dust cover, tripod, anti aircraft sights and bayonet. Solid complete gun. Any thoughts? I don't think I have seen a complete one and in don't think it was just put together, no import marks. Sling looks like canvasAttachment 991574Attachment 991582Attachment 991581Attachment 991580Attachment 991579Attachment 991578

Here is one more, what is that jade color thing?

MAP
    ?

A type 38? Hard for me to see from these pictures. But looks like a nice one. Very rare to find one all matching, with dust cover, sling and monopod. And a great frog and bayonet to boot!!!! I'm sure it looks better in person. The pictures are a bit blury and washed out.

I'm not up on prices (I bought all my for under $300 years ago without mono pod and bayo/frog) but I would guess with this combo package it is well worth the price. Wait for others to confirm pricing.

BTW. That jade (real / plastic is hard to tell but I say it is synthetic) piece is probably a good luck charm / Talisman

Michael

P.S. Hard to tell from the pictures but if the sling is as you describe, it is probably the rubberized canvas. I have one on my type 44. Told they are hard to come by as well. But others may know better
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Thank you, I was in a hurry ( lunch break) from work so I had to be quick. I could always take better ones later. Yes you are correct it's a lot better in person, nice and solid and complete. 700 dollars is a lot. On the other hand it's complete and the frog is marked along with the sling. It's tempting to buy specially if the consigner comes down some. Thanks for your imput

MAP
    ?

typically type 38's go for $300 to $400 I think. But add in the dust cover, sling and monopod and that number only goes up. Then add in the bayonet with a solid marked frog and you can add more. As I said earlier, I haven't bought or priced an Arisaka or bayonet in many years. Others will be around to provide much more solid advice on pricing.

But check out gun broker. The prices are all over the place typically but it might give you a good starting point.

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Type 99 I believe. Its getting harder and harder to find these intact and in good condition, and this one is both.

Mart

Very nice find!

Even has the mum on it. Small value increase

Thanks for everyone's response, I know and the more I think of this rifle I want it. You are correct map, when you start adding in all the extra features and personal touches, it's hard to pass. I know we don't price things here and I'm not made of money in this buisness specially, I just don't eat to over spend on something and in time loose it. The comment is.true, harder to find complete

MAP
    ?

Quote by MrPotts View Post
    Thanks for everyone's response, I know and the more I think of this rifle I want it. You are correct map, when you start adding in all the extra features and personal touches, it's hard to pass. I know we don't price things here and I'm not made of money in this buisness specially, I just don't eat to over spend on something and in time loose it. The comment is.true, harder to find complete
    Sometimes even if an items is well priced, you need to walk away. Mortgage, bills, kids, food, and retirement first.

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast