Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

complete arisaka rifle with dust cover! need thoughts..

Article about: I just found this for sale. It's on consignment for 700 and it might be bigh. I don't know anything about these but I would like one but I don't want to over spend. I don't know what series

Very true my friend

I like it. In absolutely complete GI bring back condition-even to the little charm hanging on the bayonet. Abit dry in appearance, but a nice and careful bit of clean up and some gun oil will bring it to excellent shape. If it were for me, I would take it for the price. $700 bucks? You'll look a long day for another such like it in the same set up and condition.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

PRE
    ?

Nice looking rifle with attractive attributes and accessories. That being said, I think it's overpriced. These are still available in many places, so it would be worth trying to talk the seller down on price.
    Pat

The leather is good and pliable. The canvas sling is pretty stiff and I wouldn't want to remove it. Some oil, a little love and would be good to go. I don't know what what the other fellow said but I never see them in complete condition

Does look like a fine example and is unusual to find one with all the attachments. Is this a Type 38 in 6.5? I know the Type 99 was in 7.7 as a friend had one back in the 70s. I too would be tempted to buy but I would offer less and see if the seller bites. Let us know.

?

Buy It!!! I think You will still have Your money it will just be in the form of a cool rifle instead of bank notes!!

MAP
    ?

The rubberized canvas material hardens over time. Don't try removing it.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Its a type 99

A quick way to check is that on the type 99 the stock groove is much closer to the rear barrel band. 1 or 2 inches. Type 38 is about 5 to 6..

Good heavens - jump on this for 700. Type 99 with all those pieces intact, sling and bayonet surely add up to more than that amount. NH

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast