Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

complete arisaka rifle with dust cover! need thoughts..

Article about: I just found this for sale. It's on consignment for 700 and it might be bigh. I don't know anything about these but I would like one but I don't want to over spend. I don't know what series

Have not followed the prices of these models lately but milsurps seem to be going up as supplies get scarcer in many areas. I know Classic Arms just sold the last batch of R/C KAR 98s they put on sale yesterday in 1 hour. Prices ranged from six hundred to one thousand.

The truth is that the days of the $100 carcano's, nagants and so forth are long gone. I invite people to look at the prices on these vintage guns.

$100? Wow...am I old..I remember barrels and stacks of them for $2 in J.C. Penney's...
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Quote by Wagriff View Post
    $100? Wow...am I old..I remember barrels and stacks of them for $2 in J.C. Penney's...

I saw the video before they released them. Seriously? What a joke, in sorry ..I was shocked for what they had some priced for. I just bought a re for 300 bucks not to long ago. Yoy could almost buy a vet bring back for some of those prices!!

Quote by MrPotts View Post
    I saw the video before they released them. Seriously? What a joke, in sorry ..I was shocked for what they had some priced for. I just bought a re for 300 bucks not to long ago. Yoy could almost buy a vet bring back for some of those prices!!
    Agreed MrPotts. That's the general concensus I read on Gunboards. One member stated they got the mausers from Century Arms. Priced way high but personally not surprised they sold so fast. Too many novice "collectors" who jump in without enough knowledge. They know they"ll get the money hence the steep prices. Thanks for your comments

I hate typing on phones, anywaus my apologies for the typos in your reply I sent you. Well I guess it's worth what someone will pay for it I guess..

Cokes used to cost a nickel my friends.

?

Thumbs up

I have to agree with those that said to buy the Type 99. I also think its very unlikely you'll find one in similar condition that's matching with the bayonet, frog monopod and sling for any less let alone find a similar one. I have one that's a twin of yours with all the same extras. I wouldn't sell it even for $700. I haven't seen anything similar condition in a decade.My advise just do it. Trying talking down the seller if you must.

MAP
    ?

Quote by samnev View Post
    I have to agree with those that said to buy the Type 99. I also think its very unlikely you'll find one in similar condition that's matching with the bayonet, frog monopod and sling for any less let alone find a similar one. I have one that's a twin of yours with all the same extras. I wouldn't sell it even for $700. I haven't seen anything similar condition in a decade.My advise just do it. Trying talking down the seller if you must.
    MrPotts,

I would trust what Samnev says on the price. He knows his weapons.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast