Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

complete arisaka rifle with dust cover! need thoughts..

Article about: I just found this for sale. It's on consignment for 700 and it might be bigh. I don't know anything about these but I would like one but I don't want to over spend. I don't know what series

MAP
    ?

take pictures of the type 2 as well.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

?

Quote by MrPotts View Post
    I will be able to afford it this friday with no problems. Tommarrow I'll go bye the place and take a picture of the bolt and cover and post it. It's on hold and I totattly agree, if it matches I'll buy it and if it doesn't I wont. I need a good one and only one from my collection since it's lacking. They also have a type 2 araska carbine in there. I did some research on it and it's a type 2. I'm sticking with the rifle. Here is what I took today for what's it's worth, excuse the photos they are always upside down when I post on my phone.
    They didn't make a Type II Paratrooper Carbine. Only rifle length as far as my research tells me. Perhaps you meant a Type II rifle. Good decision to get the Type 99 if cash is tight and everything matches. A Type II Paratrooper in similar condition will cost well over $2k these days. The last one I saw sold went for $1700 with no crest and dust cover and that was 3 years ago.

It's a type II carbine not the paratrooper. I was studying all this when I was debating and get that type too until I saw that rifle tucked away in a corner

Quote by samnev View Post
    Yep and it's all matching and complete a with bayonet and mirror bore. I promised MAP if I decide to sell it he will get first shot at it.

Nice!.. And booooo!

Never had the pleasure of even holding one of these. How sturdy is the center connection? Any problems there that anyone knows of?

Just thinking about movement between the receiver and barrel. Only needs to be off centered a hair to ruin your entire weekend.

?

If I recall correctly there were some problems with the lock up of the Type I. Which resulted in the changes made to the lockup on the Type II. I've fired my first Type II, since upgraded, quite a bit and never had any problem with the brass show any signs of a problem or any head space problems which I check a number of times before I felt comfortable with the lock up. The Type Ii lock up is very tight.

complete arisaka rifle with dust cover!  need thoughts..

The locking design is much more sturdy and complex than I had thought. Very nice design.. Pics courtesy of Terri at Namby world..

?

Quote by UK Cousin View Post

The locking design is much more sturdy and complex than I had thought. Very nice design.. Pics courtesy of Terri at Namby world..

In addition to the inner cramming surfaces if you look at the picture and expand it the knob on the side of the rear joining assembly unscrews and is attached to a wedge which really ties both side of the rifle together when screwed in.

Sorry map, that carbine is on hold in the back and they won't let me see it. On the other hand, the bolt and dust cover matches! I'll be in tommarrow to pick it up. So that's a good deal specially with matching dust cover. Any recommendations for cleaning ing it up besides oil in the barrel and clean up the action some? Here are pictures sorry they are always backwards

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast