Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Cossack Mosin

Article about: Hello gents, I posted this mosin in another forum and they said it is a very rare rifle (Ka3 Mosin?). I thought you guys would enjoy come good mosin pictures too! =) John Annoyed from this a

?

Default Cossack Mosin

Hello gents, I posted this mosin in another forum and they said it is a very rare rifle (Ka3 Mosin?).
    I thought you guys would enjoy come good mosin pictures too! =)
    John
    Cossack MosinCossack MosinCossack MosinCossack MosinCossack MosinCossack MosinCossack MosinCossack MosinCossack MosinCossack MosinCossack Mosin

Never really collected Nagants have had a few that one looks like one built under the Czar in 1913 according to the receiver stamp and has the old Three liner site this would be a historic rifle IMO built before 1917 red revolution if it could talk. Nice rifle. timothy

MAP
    ?

No where near an expert on mosins but have a question/observation. What is the "SA" marking? Does that not typically indicate Finnish usage?

Just an observation

Michael
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Yes Fins Suomi Army I may have misspelled it you can find it on everything from entrenching tools to weapons Finns acquired a lot of war surplus material from Imperial Germany and Russia and reused it timothy

?

I remember posting a different mosin on here and someone did indeed say that the SA marking indicated finnish usage.

MAP
    ?

Quote by jonobo View Post
    I remember posting a different mosin on here and someone did indeed say that the SA marking indicated finnish usage.
    I posted a carcano a few months back with the SA. Not sure if having it on this mosin has any negative bearing on the Cossack connection but just thought I'd point it out.

And yes Timothy, i agree, the Finns were very prolific in using captured/surplus materials

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

?

I don't think so, The rifle was originally a Cossack rifle as indicated by the KA3 stamp. Then somehow, it was either captured or acquired in some way by the Finns, who then refurbished some of the parts. Though, correct me if I'm wrong. =)

MAP
    ?

Quote by jonobo View Post
    I don't think so, The rifle was originally a Cossack rifle as indicated by the KA3 stamp. Then somehow, it was either captured or acquired in some way by the Finns, who then refurbished some of the parts. Though, correct me if I'm wrong. =)
    Love the travels of an item like this. What a story it tells........

M

?

Yeah! It also doesn't have an import stamp on it. I wonder how it got all the way over to the states?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast