Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Couple of beauties for you all

Article about: These are some general views of the collection room. There are rifles, pistols and shotguns from every corner of the globe in here, all in perfect condition. As I said previously there was n

bigkev
    ?

Default Re: Couple of beauties for you all

These are some general views of the collection room. There are rifles, pistols and shotguns from every corner of the globe in here, all in perfect condition. As I said previously there was nothing at all that I saw in that collection that I would hesitate even for a second to fire. Everything was pristine...its not like going to a museum, which accumulates things after they have become old and used...this stuff was collected as it rolled off the production line and cared for the entire time, by experts.
    Attached Images Attached Images Couple of beauties for you all  Couple of beauties for you all  Couple of beauties for you all  Couple of beauties for you all  Couple of beauties for you all  Couple of beauties for you all 

bigkev
    ?

In this picture the guns are interesting, however this history of the case may be even more interesting. The display case, and the room the collection is housed in used to be the original shop where Beretta used to sell all of their firearms. People could walk in, view the guns in this case and select their firearms. Beretta started small too!
    Attached Images Attached Images Couple of beauties for you all 

bigkev
    ?

Some of the pistols on display at the collection. My lovely cousin is demonstrating the way they are set up, they have a large display case top, then there are glass topped displays in all of the drawers under them too. There are hundreds, possibly thousands of pistols in the cases. You could die happy in that room...so much to see so little time.
    Attached Images Attached Images Couple of beauties for you all  Couple of beauties for you all  Couple of beauties for you all 

bigkev
    ?

This pair of pistols were built for Marie Antoinette by Beretta, how they made it back into the collection is anyone's guess, but they are there. Both extraordinary in their quality and beauty, you have to see them to believe them. My crappy point and shoot camera through glass does them no justice.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Couple of beauties for you all  

bigkev
    ?

Nagant and (of all things) a Lithgow No.1 Mk. III SMLE, how they got a brand new Australian rifle is beyond me, but they did.
    Attached Images Attached Images Couple of beauties for you all 

bigkev
    ?

Being a competitive full bore target shooter for most of my life, I have always been very interested in target rifles of all kinds. Here they had an entire wall of German shutzen rifles. All gorgeous to look at and in pristine condition. Oh to get my grubby paws on them for a session at the range.
    Attached Images Attached Images Couple of beauties for you all  Couple of beauties for you all  Couple of beauties for you all 

bigkev
    ?

Gold plated PM-12 anyone? The Italian Carabinieri carry the blued version that is shown below the pimp gun. Very cool though, had to get a pic of it...if you notice above the gold one there is a fairly attractive two tone version...wouldn't mind that one for my gun safe.
    Attached Images Attached Images Couple of beauties for you all  Couple of beauties for you all 

bigkev
    ?

Last but not least...the two hardest pictures to obtain in the old factory. The 682 over and under fitting area, I was allowed two pictures in this area (begrudgingly) the rest of the factory was off limits for photography.
    The old factory is attached to the villa area and has been around for a long time. They have a newer facility where all of the rifles (army issued) are now made, along with the auto loading shotguns and a few pistols. The old factory makes most of the pistol frame blanks (on modern cnc machinery) and they make all of their better shotguns in the old factory. While I was there I got to have a look at a couple of 682 imperial grade guns that had been commissioned by the prince of Dubai (at 60,000 euro's each) both stunning guns, wish I could have shot a round of skeet with them, but sadly no joy.
    Attached Images Attached Images Couple of beauties for you all  Couple of beauties for you all 

i got a chance to see the national firearms museum in D.C. about a week ago. ill post some pictures i took if you all like. they had almost every weapon you could think of including a japanese type 5. only 250 of those were built.

and ive always wondered why the FG42's hand grip was tilted so far up. anyone know?

bigkev
    ?

On the pic post, feel free to hijack the hell out of the thread, be great to see.

On the slant on the FG42 grip. They originally had the slant on the grip on the model 1, which is what I posted a pic of. It was thought that this would not interfere with the paratrooper's harness as much, it was later changed on the model 2 FG42's as it was as you might guess...a little impractical to shoot. If you look for some pictures of FG42's on google or bing you can see both models if you look around. The FG's were not general Heer issue rifles, they were only issued to the Fallschirmjäger so they were very specialized rifles. Hence the reason there are so few of them around now. If I remember correctly the FG stands for Fallschirmjäger Gewehr (paratrooper rifle). This picture below (swiped from wikipedia) shows both models, the model 1 is above, model 2 below.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Couple of beauties for you all  

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast