Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

cz-82 slam fire "shot threw hand"

Article about: my cz-82 clam fired shooting me threw the hand wounder why it did that it never did anything like this befor i am ok now i went to first aid they patched me up have to go back in 10 days it

Default cz-82 slam fire "shot threw hand"

my cz-82 clam fired shooting me threw the hand wounder why it did that it never did anything like this befor

i am ok now i went to first aid they patched me up have to go back in 10 days

it broke 2 fingers

ill be out of action for a while
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture cz-82 slam fire   "shot threw hand"   cz-82 slam fire   "shot threw hand"  

?

Default Re: cz-82 slam fire "shot threw hand"

That looks painful, what happened exactly?

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

?

I heard of a early model Browning Hi-Power doing this once. FN/Browning Hi-Powers made since the mid-80's have a firing pin safety to prevent this, I don't know about the CZ-82.

Was yours a CZ-82 in 9x18mm? or the export model CZ-83 in .32 ACP or .380?
    The CZ-82 "looks" to be a copy of the Makarov, which does not have a spring loaded firing pin or a firing pin safety, maybe someone else here knows.

the slide closed and boom

?

Wow. That has got to hurt..
    Firearms malfunction if not carefully maintained. It is hard to say why it did.
    You must learn to disassemble your weapons that you shoot, inspect the parts every time you clean it and clean the weapon every time you use it.
    Keep that wound clean and disenfected. From the looks of it I think they will let it heal from the inside out. Which means no stitches. They will keep it bandaged and change it every day or so. You will probably do that your self.
    The good thing is that it appears no permanent damage has occured.
    REMEMBER keep the wound clean and disenfected or gangrene can set in and you loose the hand. Sorry you got hurt buddy.
    SteveR

?

How did you manage to get your hand in front of the gun when you were cocking it ?
    JEDEM DAS SEINE

Well, You obviously broke the rules of safety and broke the plain between the muzzle and your hand. Now you will know in the future not to do that again. ;o).

?

Ok, for those not well versed in handguns (ie: me), am I right in thinking that the slide slammed shut, the gun discharged and the bullet went through your hand?

Quote by Adrian View Post
    Ok, for those not well versed in handguns (ie: me), am I right in thinking that the slide slammed shut, the gun discharged and the bullet went through your hand?
    Ade,

Yes, that would be a " Slam Fire " but the rules of safety are clear and they are meant to be. Under no circumstances should that muzzle cross anything you not willing to shoot or kill. It is clearly not an issue of a fire arm but the user.

It would not be such a big deal if this were not a European based forum where opinions on firearms are more controversial. Rules were broken here on standard safety measures, and the poster seeks to blame a pistol. No, the thread should be titled how I screwed up, or how not to handle a weapon. Or even " Look how stupid I am ". But I am a firearms guy, and while these things do happen and tend to happen with active shooters?. I have an issue with this and this guy is not getting an inch for shooting himself in the hand.

K

?

Thank you Kris.
    In the U.K. handguns are forbidden and the technicalities surrounding them are lost on those of us who don't handle them.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast