Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

cz-82 slam fire "shot threw hand"

Article about: my cz-82 clam fired shooting me threw the hand wounder why it did that it never did anything like this befor i am ok now i went to first aid they patched me up have to go back in 10 days it

Default Re: cz-82 slam fire "shot threw hand"

Quote by Adrian View Post
    Thank you Kris.
    In the U.K. handguns are forbidden and the technicalities surrounding them are lost on those of us who don't handle them.
    Ade,

Yes, I understand the difference and the perception amongst the Europeans as to our gun culture. Truth be told we are not some John Wayne culture, we have rules and rules that are rather stringent in regards to safety.

Accidents happen, most often with people that shoot the most as they become complacent or whatever, but the rules state this should not happen if you follow them. It is not an issue of a weapon, its an issue of the handler. I was really surprised at the topic as to be honest? if I shot myself I probably would not advertise it, in this case the topic title seeks to blame a gun and the reality is if standard safety procedures were followed it would not have happened.

I am taking offense to a guy who seeks to blame a weapon for his injury as opposed to his own judgment, which is obviously impaired as I am looking at him and have no sympathy whatsoever nor should I based on standard safety practices.

I am not buying this at all.

Best,

Kris

?

I dont think it right to call anyone names over this. We who live in the US especially know how quickly and easily this stuff can happen. If you are out shooting all the time and especially for an extended period of time in one day......it is amazing how easily safety seems to go out the window. Im not saying that it is Okay or that I agree with what he did, just that from first hand experience of watching friends and others shoot firearms on at least a weekly basis, it happens. We can shoot in our backyard here, so you can only imagine what kind of stupid and careless things I have witnessed. Just yesterday one of my brothers friends had the muzzle of a black powder rifle pointing right at his face while loading the ball in and was lucky nothing happened. Needless to say he is banned from using firearms on our property now. Point being.... these things happen alot easier than u think and in reality, even a safe user can get careless at times.
    Just like you are supposed to put ur safety on inbetween shots. Even the safest of shooters I have seen forget to do that. Like you said, people get complacent and it is human nature.

Quote by Panzer1031 View Post
    I dont think it right to call anyone names over this. We who live in the US especially know how quickly and easily this stuff can happen. If you are out shooting all the time and especially for an extended period of time in one day......it is amazing how easily safety seems to go out the window. Im not saying that it is Okay or that I agree with what he did, just that from first hand experience of watching friends and others shoot firearms on at least a weekly basis, it happens. We can shoot in our backyard here, so you can only imagine what kind of stupid and careless things I have witnessed. Just yesterday one of my brothers friends had the muzzle of a black powder rifle pointing right at his face while loading the ball in and was lucky nothing happened. Needless to say he is banned from using firearms on our property now. Point being.... these things happen alot easier than u think and in reality, even a safe user can get careless at times.
    Safety is safety, it is a rule and there is no way around it, there are no excuses, and no exceptions. That is the rule.

If someone is careless? they need to be dealt with and there is certainly no reason to advertise being an idiot.

K

?

I agree. All I was saying is that your "safety" rule is 5 times out of ten ignored or manipulated in one way or another. People SHOULD advertise there dumb mishaps IMO so others learn from there mistakes. Again, my point is that even the safest shooters make mistakes. ex: your SUPPOSED to put ur safety on in between shots right? Even the safest shooters in the world forget to do that all the time. Things happen and we should learn from them, not make fun of people. What he did, obviously was a beginner mistake, but it can happen to an expert too
    Last edited by Bill T; 02-22-2011 at 03:56 PM.

?

Well Mike obviously had some misfortune whether or not he was to blame. My take on the thread was that he posted as a warning to show what could happen if things do go wrong regardless of the gun safety law/code. This has happened to him and I think it's certain it won't happen again. To everyone else who uses firearms including myself, it serves as a wake up call and I think Mike will agree it's better he got injured rather than anyone else!

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

?

fully agree Adrian

Quote by Panzer1031 View Post
    I agree. Definitely his own fault, not the guns. No way around that. All I was saying is that your "safety" rule is 5 times out of ten ignored or manipulated in one way or another. People SHOULD advertise there dumb mishaps IMO so others learn from there mistakes. Again, my point is that even the safest shooters make mistakes. ex: your SUPPOSED to put ur safety on in between shots right? Even the safest shooters in the world forget to do that all the time. Things happen and we should learn from them, not make fun of people. What he did, obviously was a beginner mistake, but it can happen to an expert too
    Yeah, but not often beginner. I think the issue was an attempt to defer the blame onto the weapon.

I do know how it works, but at the same time would not advertise. Its not a joke and quite serious, while I would slam the guy based on his posts I also understand the issues. But I do know the game, and posting photos of a shot hand will garner no sympathy from me.

k

?

I think we got the idea Kris!

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Quote by PMKS View Post
    I heard of a early model Browning Hi-Power doing this once. FN/Browning Hi-Powers made since the mid-80's have a firing pin safety to prevent this, I don't know about the CZ-82.

Was yours a CZ-82 in 9x18mm? or the export model CZ-83 in .32 ACP or .380?
    The CZ-82 "looks" to be a copy of the Makarov, which does not have a spring loaded firing pin or a firing pin safety, maybe someone else here knows.
    Hi there,

The CZ82/3 does have a spring loaded firing pin, unlike the Makarov which is free floating. There could be several reasons why the weapon accidently discharged such as a bent firing pin sticking or the use of commercial/home loaded ammo that has thinner walled primers than military spec ones do.

However, the most likely cause is the pin jamming forward due to it being dirty through not being cleaned properly. Another cause could be excessive wear on the trigger sear or hammer sear. The piece obviously needs a thorough strip down, clean and examination before using it again. it's fortunate that the pistol didn't go into 'Rock and Roll' mode with rounds blatting off everywhere!

If you need advice on stripping the firing pin from the slide feel free to p.m me.

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

the las vegas pd have it the weapon did fire two rounds off i dont think i ned to get it back from them my family does not want that weapon in the house though i enjoyed it for the few years that i hade it

here is the csi photos

one shows blood spay other marks bullet impacts

the ammo i used was brown bear FMJ Russia

i got my cz82 from aim surplus

the spring on the cz82 was very heavy i used my left hand to pull it back and right hand to hold it finger away from trigger

weapon has big grip
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture cz-82 slam fire   "shot threw hand"   cz-82 slam fire   "shot threw hand"  

Attached Images Attached Images cz-82 slam fire   "shot threw hand" 
    Last edited by BigMikeM; 02-22-2011 at 03:47 PM.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast