Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

cz-82 slam fire "shot threw hand"

Article about: my cz-82 clam fired shooting me threw the hand wounder why it did that it never did anything like this befor i am ok now i went to first aid they patched me up have to go back in 10 days it

?

Default Re: cz-82 slam fire "shot threw hand"

WOW. two rounds huh? I dont blame your family for not wanting back in the house. It must have been just as scary for them as it was for you. Just lucky nobody else was hurt or caused further injury. Thanks for sharing your story with us and I hope the swelling in your fingers goes down soon, looks painful

it is very painfull

?

For those that want to blame the lad for being wounded I think that is a sorry response. He is seeking an answer as to how a weapon can misfire, which obviously is what has happened.
    I have been around firearms and explosives all my life and I can gaurantee that $hit happens. I have seen the best trained men in the world get hurt and killed by faulty equipment to include firearms, explosives, etc.. Telling the young man that he is somehow at fault for a mechanical malfunction is rediculious and rather callus.
    I believe that having a hole in your hand and 2 broken fingers deserves some compasion. Definitly not scorn.
    The lad is not at fault for a piece of crap faulty weapon malfunctioning.
    SteveR

Here here!

yes i am happy no others got hurt and now i just need to get threw with this wound care going to get it cleaned today hopfully then when i go to san diego they can do more the place in las vegas did a great job now we need a good doc to finish the job

i miss doing stuff with friends and family untell i fully heal i am out of luck

atleast i have family and friends helping me threw the pain

Hi' All,If the guy followed the std rules in gun handling this would never have happened.misfired or not. I have to agree with Kris on this one.thank god it was not more serious like your head!

No one wants to see anyone get hurt and that is unfortunate. Being in the industry and around firearms has given me some pretty interesting experiences, most often with veteran shooters. I apologize for being so hard on the guy, but it is a firearm and if not handled properly these things happen and when you pick one up you need to stop and think.

K

I work at a large police department. There are six range masters always present at our indoor pistol range when in use. We fire over 500,000 .40 caliber rounds a month at that range with iron clad, draconian safety rules, as so we should. Part of the problem is holstering and reholstering thousands of times, there in lies the rub. Guess what, we have at least one or two accidents a year where someone gets shot. I understand Kris's point 100%, but the human animal is not perfect. The results of this accident should be shown worldwide to prevent injuries or worse to anyone else that owns ANY handgun. It takes a much bigger man to post such a lapse in judgement, then to hide it in shame. Speedy recovery to you my friend!

Take care,
    Jay

?

Quote by sitges1990 View Post
    I work at a large police department. There are six range masters always present at our indoor pistol range when in use. We fire over 500,000 .40 caliber rounds a month at that range with iron clad, draconian safety rules, as so we should. Part of the problem is holstering and reholstering thousands of times, there in lies the rub. Guess what, we have at least one or two accidents a year where someone gets shot. I understand Kris's point 100%, but the human animal is not perfect. The results of this accident should be shown worldwide to prevent injuries or worse to anyone else that owns ANY handgun. It takes a much bigger man to post such a lapse in judgement, then to hide it in shame. Speedy recovery to you my friend!

Take care,
    Jay
    !!!! Ditto !!!!
    SteveR

I appreciate Mike's sharing of this event. But I agree with Kris in that if Mike had not had his hand in front of the muzzle, he would not have shot himself, malfunctioning gun or not.

Mike, heal fast, and thanks for posting.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast