Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

cz-82 slam fire "shot threw hand"

Article about: my cz-82 clam fired shooting me threw the hand wounder why it did that it never did anything like this befor i am ok now i went to first aid they patched me up have to go back in 10 days it

Default Re: cz-82 slam fire "shot threw hand"

I tend to be hyper sensitive about these things having been a range officer and having firearms discharged in close proximity on a retail sales floor with one being a accidental discharge and a slam fire and the other a negligent discharge where someone was not paying attention. In a third incident an instructor shot himself in the leg. All three of these incidents were seasoned gun guys, so it does happen.

When people get to comfortable with guns it can be a problem and not all guns operate the same, so it is important that one never forget what these things are. I have something like six or seven holstered handguns here that I use for carry and for shooting, everyone is loaded and ready to go and they never come out of their holsters in the home unless I have a good reason and do not handle them other than to put one on.

Looks like this gentlemen was very lucky and should heal up in time, and if the post is a learning tool than that is o.k as well. I used to love guns when I was a kid and have had hundreds of them over the years, now? they are tools and while I still enjoy them and carry one I think I have seen enough mishaps and mistakes for my tastes. They need respect.

Best,

Kris

I had somthing similar happen about 10 years back. My Jennings went full auto and put 7 rounds down the range. I believe the ammo was over loaded for my gun, not all the powder had burnt off and on ejection of the spent cases, some grains had built up around the slide area and the firing pin jammed in the forward position. I was lucky in that the firing pin jammed after my first shot, not on releasing the slide. After that, I kept a can of air with me to blast away the crap.

My only other accident was when my GPMG ran away, but thats another story.

well next week on Wednesday there goto take out the pins and stuff that is in my hand this was my first time having slam fire hop its the last time aswell

here is x ray taken today

Attached Images Attached Images cz-82 slam fire   "shot threw hand" 

jpg366
    ?

Looks like an indoor incident. Clearly violated "rule" about pointing the muzzle at something he did not want to shoot. Even if he used the slide release after inserting a full magazine, I'm puzzled at how he put his "off" hand in front of the pistol.

?

Quote by K.Lindblom View Post
    I tend to be hyper sensitive about these things having been a range officer and having firearms discharged in close proximity on a retail sales floor with one being a accidental discharge and a slam fire and the other a negligent discharge where someone was not paying attention. In a third incident an instructor shot himself in the leg. All three of these incidents were seasoned gun guys, so it does happen.

When people get to comfortable with guns it can be a problem and not all guns operate the same, so it is important that one never forget what these things are. I have something like six or seven holstered handguns here that I use for carry and for shooting, everyone is loaded and ready to go and they never come out of their holsters in the home unless I have a good reason and do not handle them other than to put one on.

Looks like this gentlemen was very lucky and should heal up in time, and if the post is a learning tool than that is o.k as well. I used to love guns when I was a kid and have had hundreds of them over the years, now? they are tools and while I still enjoy them and carry one I think I have seen enough mishaps and mistakes for my tastes. They need respect.

Best,

Kris
    As an ex range officer i would have thought you of all people would not break the cardinal rule, never leave a weapon loaded, to have several in holsters all ready to fire, im afraid in this country you wouldnt be a range officer for very long and under our old firearms rules you would have lost your firearms ticket and all the weapons

?

Quote by davejb View Post
    As an ex range officer i would have thought you of all people would not break the cardinal rule, never leave a weapon loaded, to have several in holsters all ready to fire, im afraid in this country you wouldnt be a range officer for very long and under our old firearms rules you would have lost your firearms ticket and all the weapons

Whose "cardinal rule" ? I don't think Kris or any other American is bound by what you believe to be a cardinal rule. I keep loaded weapons at stratigic locations at all times.
    The really nice thing about the USA is we kicked the Kings soldiers and the ridiculus weapons rules and regs out a couple of hundred years ago. The British weapons laws are at best dictatorial and in my personal opinion moronic. We do not have weapons tickets here in the US just the right to bear arms.
    Just a rant.
    SteveR

Yeah, that's not the cardinal rule here and I keep everything loaded and in the double digits. Empty gun is a paperweight.

Rules are different here and the cardinals are that every gun is always loaded whether it is or not, and don't break the plain meaning keep that muzzle where is belongs.

K

?

Quote by SteveR View Post
    Whose "cardinal rule" ? I don't think Kris or any other American is bound by what you believe to be a cardinal rule. I keep loaded weapons at stratigic locations at all times.
    The really nice thing about the USA is we kicked the Kings soldiers and the ridiculus weapons rules and regs out a couple of hundred years ago. The British weapons laws are at best dictatorial and in my personal opinion moronic. We do not have weapons tickets here in the US just the right to bear arms.
    Just a rant.
    SteveR
    Well thanks for that Steve, but i dont think i intimated any aspersions against America per say, you have your rules, we have ours, im not saying ours are perfect by any means but your comment "The nice thing about the USA is we kicked the Kings soldiers out" etc seems a little aggressive towards us Brits, not exactly En tent cordial, did we do something to upset you recently?, I for one would welcome the right to bear arms, at least that way we could own some period firearms and get the opportunity to let a few rounds off with them

Quote by davejb View Post
    Well thanks for that Steve, but i dont think i intimated any aspersions against America per say, you have your rules, we have ours, im not saying ours are perfect by any means but your comment "The nice thing about the USA is we kicked the Kings soldiers out" etc seems a little aggressive towards us Brits, not exactly En tent cordial, did we do something to upset you recently?, I for one would welcome the right to bear arms, at least that way we could own some period firearms and get the opportunity to let a few rounds off with them
    What....??? Like in Steve's direction perhaps???

Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Dave,

Cant speak for Steve but its not uncommon for people of different culture to frown on our ways in regards to weapon laws and such. Think sometimes we automatically assume if the comment comes from another land that were under attack. Not always the case but its a testy subject.

Europe varies greatly, Britain is especially restrictive but the issue here was safety, and even a seasoned gun handler can lose sight of things on occasion. I leave them all loaded as my circumstances allow for it, and can never be sure when you may need one.

Looking at Drudge yesterday and today, a shot up British Nuclear submarine and a man shot up a shopping mall in Denmark with an automatic weapon. So? it is what it is.

Best,

Kris

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast