Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5

cz-82 slam fire "shot threw hand"

Article about: my cz-82 clam fired shooting me threw the hand wounder why it did that it never did anything like this befor i am ok now i went to first aid they patched me up have to go back in 10 days it

?

Default Re: cz-82 slam fire "shot threw hand"

Thanks Kris, i understand that there are many who think that gun laws in America are very easy, if thats the word,but i have nothing other than a healthy respect for another countries laws, indeed it doesnt really matter if weapons are not allowed full stop, someone will always find a way to abuse them, im all for bearing arms provided it is policed correctly, i too have seen some horrific accidents with firearms from handlers who are supposed regular users, being an ex firearms cop, ive seen range accidents, been to firearms incidents, nearly had my head taken off with a sawn off 12bore, and military accidents as well, its the same adage the world over, guns dont kill its the people behind them. cheers Dave

Quote by davejb View Post
    Thanks Kris, i understand that there are many who think that gun laws in America are very easy, if thats the word,but i have nothing other than a healthy respect for another countries laws, indeed it doesnt really matter if weapons are not allowed full stop, someone will always find a way to abuse them, im all for bearing arms provided it is policed correctly, i too have seen some horrific accidents with firearms from handlers who are supposed regular users, being an ex firearms cop, ive seen range accidents, been to firearms incidents, nearly had my head taken off with a sawn off 12bore, and military accidents as well, its the same adage the world over, guns dont kill its the people behind them. cheers Dave
    Dave,

You might be a minority in that respect being from Europe or in this case Britain, I have mellowed a bit and do not get too frazzled anymore but I used to get really twisted when I would see comments from overseas with opinions on these things and would snap pretty easily.

There was an article pertaining to Britain not too long ago about all the seizures and turn ins they had, many interviews from British gun owners, or previous gun owners anyway. They want their guns back, and like many things no turning back on that.

It has been my experience and I probably stated this earlier that it is indeed the guys who handle them on a regular basis that are more likely to make a mistake. Law of averages or a comfort level more likely has made me witness to several mishaps.

While I always have one close by, I rarely handle them other than occasional range shooting. No real need to and while its not a rule, I avoid manipulating one in the house. But these these happen as you know. ;o)

Take care,

Kris

Wise words from both gentlemen.....I just wish that others were of the same bent. I feel i must point out that whilst guns don't kill, it's the people behind them, this is not always the case. These chaps are going to get the bad news if standing behind this beast when they pull the trigger.....or in this case plug in the cigarette lighter. Plus 0 - 150mph in 1 second, in reverse, is not conducive to good drills.

Regards, Ned.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture cz-82 slam fire   "shot threw hand"   cz-82 slam fire   "shot threw hand"  

cz-82 slam fire   "shot threw hand"  
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

?

Nor is it conducive to an even tan all over, factor 200 needed i think

?

Well thanks for that Steve, but i dont think i intimated any aspersions against America per say, you have your rules, we have ours, im not saying ours are perfect by any means but your comment "The nice thing about the USA is we kicked the Kings soldiers out" etc seems a little aggressive towards us Brits, not exactly En tent cordial, did we do something to upset you recently?, I for one would welcome the right to bear arms, at least that way we could own some period firearms and get the opportunity to let a few rounds off with them
    Friend.
    I do not like it when someone from another country judges an American with their rules of conduct about firearms.
    I think Kris has every right to use his weapons as he sees fit.
    In my case I am a veteran that is very well versed in firearms and am adamant about the right to bear arms in my country. When I see an American chided by a nonamerican about gun laws and or rules of thumb of another country it raises my blood pressure.
    I apologize for any offense sir.
    Steve Ray

Hard to read through some of these comments sometimes and does not look like an attempt to chide anyone, just different laws. In England and I remember one case if you use a firearm in defense of the home you will most likely be arrested. The premise being an armed intruder is supposed to be able to kill you and your supposed to do nothing, there is no castle doctrine that I am aware of.

?

Thats correct upto a point Kris, you are supposed to use equal and reasonable force, so if one guy has a knife and you have a gun, guess who gets the rough end of the stick, there have been a couple of cases over recent yrs concerning farmers who have discharged their shotguns at intruders, one burglar was killed and the farmer was sent to prison, there was a great deal of outcry regarding this and the farmer was released a year or so later, it wasnt even considered to be justifiable homicide, but i can assure you that like many others here, if someone breaks into my home and attacks my family, i would have no qualms in seeing instant justice done, and dealing with the consequences after

Thats correct upto a point Kris, you are supposed to use equal and reasonable force, so if one guy has a knife and you have a gun, guess who gets the rough end of the stick, there have been a couple of cases over recent yrs concerning farmers who have discharged their shotguns at intruders, one burglar was killed and the farmer was sent to prison, there was a great deal of outcry regarding this and the farmer was released a year or so later, it wasnt even considered to be justifiable homicide, but i can assure you that like many others here, if someone breaks into my home and attacks my family, i would have no qualms in seeing instant justice done, and dealing with the consequences after
    Yes, the farmer with the shotgun sounds familiar. We have a Castle Doctrine, which basically means intent of bodily harm by the intruder and burden of proof is shifted to his side having to prove that he did not mean any harm. This can vary by state but for the most part its solid.

A guy with a knife here may get the opportunity to leave, but this would certainly be the wrong farm to come busting into, and the law protects the citizen in these matters. Of course there is an idiot factor and no doubt an investigation as some people engage under circumstances where it may not be necessary.

Its a judgement call, but they allow you the judgement rather than tie your hands.

Best,

Kris

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5