Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Deactivated Weapons Collection

Article about: I was asked by another member if I was going to show my collection as it currently is, I was going to wait until I got the other weapons on my list however thats going to quite a while off s

Default Re: Deactivated Weapons Collection

the numbers i put on for a other thread,, i was after info what they where used for.. i use it with others to show children what tools the lads used,, i have a 303 lee enfield,, a sten,, a webley 38...

the numbers and stamps are......A3268...MK1...LIYHGOW MA 1942... any info you can help with plz,, as children ask things oft i cannot answer

very nice collection must have taken a while
    tom i think a3268 is serial number or batch number mk1 is the because it still has the original dovetail and not a mk1m which has a mk2 butt MA i don't know but 1942 is date it was made

?

Quote by davejb View Post
    As a matter of useless information ,did you know that the smallest part of a Bren has the longest name, its " Barrel locking nut retaining plunger lug "
    That brings me back. I trained on the Bren as a reservist back in the eighties. Great machine gun, a pleasure to fire. Because the ejection slot is underneath it also seemed extremely quiet to fire, relatively speaking. I reckon I could still strip and reassemble one after a bit of head scratching even though it was at least 26 years since I held one. They remained in service until very recently maybe even as late as 2008 in the original .303 version too.

when i got this thing a gent who had used one for real was here haveing a cuppa,, he was like a child, it had been over 60 years since he had touched one,,he knew how to and stripped it down and put it back in minutes..

Quote by tom simkins View Post
    the numbers and stamps are......A3268...MK1...LIYHGOW MA 1942... any info you can help with plz,, as children ask things oft i cannot answer
    A3268 is the serial number, and being Lithgow in manufacture, this is correct. The MA 1942 is 'Munitions Australia' or 'Made in Australia' depending on who tells you.

Unusually with Brens, I can tell you with certainty that your gun was manufactured on the 30/06/42 or 01/07/42. Are there any specific questions you would like answering?

1 is the forward Tripod mount for use in the ground or anti aircraft role, should be a lever there which matches the rear one. The rear one was used in both the ground role and the AA role with the butt handle, or on the T & E gear of the tripod. When fitted to the tripod in the sustained fire role, the handle was removed and fitted into clips on the left of the tripod.

2 is the gas regulator. If the gun became slugish in operation due to carbon build up, the barrel lock nut is raised, the barrel pushed forward an inch and the regulator turned a 1/4 turn to the next biggest indicated hole. This allowed more gas to act on the piston and the gun should return to normal operation.

3 is some part of the bipod but i'm not sure which bit its pointing to.

i was told by a gent on another site about the fittings,, and this site has given me loads of ideas on what i need ect,from this site i will be picking the best bits out and useing them now and again ,, the guns ,rifles ect bring the young ones onto the table where i pass them onto a gent who is 89 and did his bit in 39..45.. he cannot move as fast as he could, however his mind is as sharp as a button

has anyone on here got the " gasfire" for deacts? trying hard to get hold of one,, or the gubbings to make one,, thanks

allso anyone got any 38 cal inert ammo plz for webley thanks

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast