Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

Deutsches JGA Sportmodell .22

Article about: I bought this at a gun show about 10 years ago for \\$15. It is missing its bolt and someone filled in the slot for the sling. Someone also sweated on a scope mount and then removed it. Overal

Default Deutsches JGA Sportmodell .22

I bought this at a gun show about 10 years ago for $15. It is missing its bolt and someone filled in the slot for the sling. Someone also sweated on a scope mount and then removed it. Overall not in very good shape. Could this perhaps be a prewar training rifle? I've looked everywhere on the internet and all I can find is JGA is early Anschutz. Here are pics of the markings.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Deutsches JGA Sportmodell .22   Deutsches JGA Sportmodell .22  

Deutsches JGA Sportmodell .22   Deutsches JGA Sportmodell .22  

Deutsches JGA Sportmodell .22   Deutsches JGA Sportmodell .22  

Default Re: Deutsches JGA Sportmodell .22

This at one time was a German JGA training rifle caled a DSM 34.. They were made by several arms manufacturs, IE: Walther, Mauser, Erma, Man, JGA, and others... Here is a picture of what one should look like in original configeration....BILL
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Deutsches JGA Sportmodell .22  
    "As long as there are brave men and warriors the halls of Valhalla will never be silent or empty"

In memory of my father William T. Grist December 26, 1920--September 10, 2009..
    901st. Ordnance H.A.M. North Africa, Italy, Southern France....ETO
    Also in memory of my mother Jane Kidd Grist Feb. 22, 1920-- September 27, 2009... WWll War bride May 1942...

Wow, what a butcher job. No wonder it was so cheap. Anyone know of a source for a bolt and a stock? I have a feeling it would be quite expensive to restore and then would be a rebuilt piece.
    Also are these worth much in original condition?
    Last edited by bigfoot; 08-25-2008 at 06:47 PM.

Quote by bigfoot View Post
    Wow, what a butcher job. No wonder it was so cheap. Anyone know of a source for a bolt and a stock? I have a feeling it would be quite expensive to restore and then would be a rebuilt piece.
    Also are these worth much in original condition?
    The DSM 34 is considered by German Rifle collectors as a very desireable piece.. They were used by many para miliary units as the Hitler Youth, SA, SS, etc for training members in riflemanship..BILL
    "As long as there are brave men and warriors the halls of Valhalla will never be silent or empty"

In memory of my father William T. Grist December 26, 1920--September 10, 2009..
    901st. Ordnance H.A.M. North Africa, Italy, Southern France....ETO
    Also in memory of my mother Jane Kidd Grist Feb. 22, 1920-- September 27, 2009... WWll War bride May 1942...

Someone definitely went through a lot of trouble to screw this up. What a shame. I understand it was a lot more common to "sporterize" military weapons in the 60's and 70's. I have a book on how to step by step ruin perfectly good military weapons!

any luck finding a bolt for this rifle? i have the same rifle but still in military stock. Looking for a bolt! hard to find