Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Dewat MG08/15

Article about: Hello - I'm new to the forum and this is my first post. I have a question in regard to DEWAT MGs. I live in Kansas and am trying to find out what the laws are in regard to purchasing a DEWAT

Default Dewat MG08/15

Hello -

I'm new to the forum and this is my first post.

I have a question in regard to DEWAT MGs. I live in Kansas and am trying to find out what the laws are in regard to purchasing a DEWAT.

At stake is a really nice MG08/15 that arrived here as 'Thank You' from the government for a war bond drive during WWI.

Can anyone help me with this?

Thanks!

?

Default Re: Dewat MG08/15

IIRC the laws are the same for the purchase of a dewat as a live MG. 2 Finger print cards 2 passport photos, 2 for m 4's Certificate Of Compliance, $200 check and CLEO sign off.

Do you know if there is a way to get it registered if it did not go through the amnesty?

?

Quote by Correus View Post
    Do you know if there is a way to get it registered if it did not go through the amnesty?
    Sorry to say there is no way I know of to get it registered. The weapon is contraband and I would either turn it in or have the receiver cut, I think the right side plate is the part that is considered an MG but I am not sure. If that's not it then it is the left one. I any case I would put a WTK: on a board like wwww.subguns.com and find out which part is considered the MG the have it torch. cut and sell the rest as a parts kit. I would not under any circumstance keep an unregistered MG in my possession.

Tanks samnev.

?

Your welcome. It is a shame the weapon has to be demilled. But if you can find the paper work from the government perhaps something else can be done. I don't know who could provide the reliable info you need, good luck.