Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Do you think the price or Russian small arms will rise ?

Article about: Hi Banksy - One must always listen to ones Mum. When I bought my first SKS my mum sat with me and loaded up 1500 loose rounds into stripper clips. Said it reminded her of her years in the ar

?

Default Re: Do you think the price or Russian small arms will rise ?

So are they still being made today ?

I don't think Russia is producing the AK-47 or AKM anymore, though there are other Kalashnikov descendants produced and used by the current military. As for other countries, I have no doubt that the AKM is still being produced in large numbers around the world.

Mat

?

Hi all
    Made under the Saiga brand for the civilian market from the same Kalashnikov factory. Few changes to the the receiver - still the most reliable semi automatics in the world (which is why I use them).

Last edited by Chris; 06-30-2011 at 10:58 PM.

?

Thanks for the info ...

whats interesting is the com bloc countries must have fell prey to greed by certain officials or were just cash starved. Because the rifles.... original AK47's,AKM,AK74,krinkovs, and all the other variants, were mostly UNFIRED !! so they were taking mint rifles and chopping them in half, for probably $50 each, more ofcourse for krinks and other side folders got more. dealers sold em for $100, people were buying em like hotcakes. you'd get a box of complete rifle parts with a cut sheet metal reciever.....there would be a gorgeous unfired hammer forged barrel, I'd think Damn!

now they got arsenal making them in Las vegas,IIRC. but they are close to a grand now

Last edited by command450; 06-30-2011 at 11:35 PM.

?

Below, retailing at $3000 New Zealand Dollars is a Russian made 'Civilian' AK

Below, retailing at $1700 NZD is the China North Industries version.

Both are dressed in thumb-hole stocks and limited to 7 round mags. These are 'A' cat firearms and are entry level for firearms users in New Zealand.
    If you want to use 30 rnd mags or 75 round drums with then a different class of license applies.

Last edited by Chris; 07-01-2011 at 04:02 AM.

[QUOTE=Chris;315506]Below, retailing at $3000 New Zealand Dollars is a Russian made 'Civilian' AK

Below, retailing at $1700 NZD is the China North Industries version.

Both are dressed in thumb-hole stocks and limited to 7 round mags. These are 'A' cat firearms and are entry level for firearms users in New Zealand.
    If you want to use 30 rnd mags or 75 round drums with then a different class of license applies.

Nowadays thats the only way they can import them here since the assault rifle importation ban,or the company will modify them here. but what is cool is, guys will buy the "sporterized" version,then change the forearm,add a bayonette lug and then the desired stock con fig. a person can legally change them or build a rifle, as long as it has 5 usa made parts(922r compliant)

each state here in the USA has different gun laws, IIRC, states like new york,new jersey, and california you cant own 30 round mag capable assault rifles.cali has some brainless bullet button rig. single stack mags,etc... other states like wisc,penn, and most southern states you can own full auto,SBR's and suppressors(class III) some states you can mount your assault rifle right in your vehicle !!

here in my state theres some real brainless laws. you cant even own a SBR(short barreled rifle. anything less than 16") IE. krink. but I can own an ak pistol,as long as its registered.......duh !!

so really any assault rifle,in its original config, imported before the ban, is going to go up as long as the import ban is in place. the cheap stuff nowadays, dont compare. at one time I bought a HK91 NIB for $600 and now they go for $3000!
    Last edited by command450; 07-02-2011 at 05:43 AM.

I think the bolties (Mosin Nagants) are going to be cheap for a little while longer, as long as the rules regarding their importation stay the same. What I am really missing are the days of cheap-o Makarovs and SKS's.

I also think AK variants (WASRs, etc) are still cheapest here when bought from Century or whatever. Now, you can barely build one for the price of a brand new one out of the box.

Reg
    ?

Hi Banksy

Yes, I can only see prices rising, mostly due to inflation, but the prices seem to have only been going up in the last fifteen years Ive been collecting, anyway, they wont be making any more. Admittedly Ive a vested interest in them as I have...a few, but I don't think you will lose money on one, particularly if you keep it a few years.

Cheers
    Reg
    Last edited by Reg; 07-02-2011 at 11:54 AM. Reason: Embarrassing Typos

?

Thanks for the input guys ! I think they would look great as a centre pice I'n a living room ! (my mother disagrees ! )

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast