Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

DUTCH NEW ARMY REVOLVER 9.4mm

Article about: Enjoy this Dutch 1873 Army Revolver in Caliber 9.4mm. I purchased this revolver for \\$50 in 1980 down on the coast of N.C., in 1983 I traded it for a Mauser 98k Rifle. It was made by J F J BA

Default DUTCH NEW ARMY REVOLVER 9.4mm

Enjoy this Dutch 1873 Army Revolver in Caliber 9.4mm. I purchased this revolver for $50 in 1980 down on the coast of N.C., in 1983 I traded it for a Mauser 98k Rifle. It was made by J F J BAR of Delf, Holland they made 1300 pistols out of a contract for 13,028 pistols for the Dutch Army. It was made in 1873. Well I was at a recent N.C. Gun Show and there was the same exact pistol for sale. So I had to have it, it cost a heck of a lot more to get it back than what I had initially paid for it. This pistol is called the New model. Also a picture of the Dutch Revolver in the original 1980 collection....BILL
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture DUTCH NEW ARMY REVOLVER 9.4mm   DUTCH NEW ARMY REVOLVER 9.4mm  

DUTCH NEW ARMY REVOLVER 9.4mm   DUTCH NEW ARMY REVOLVER 9.4mm  

"As long as there are brave men and warriors the halls of Valhalla will never be silent or empty"

In memory of my father William T. Grist December 26, 1920--September 10, 2009..
    901st. Ordnance H.A.M. North Africa, Italy, Southern France....ETO
    Also in memory of my mother Jane Kidd Grist Feb. 22, 1920-- September 27, 2009... WWll War bride May 1942...

?

That's a beautiful revolver ! Amazing how these artifacts keep resurfacing from collections.

?

Oh the Circle of Life of a firearm. Love It!
    That is an interesting pistol
    It looks like it has most of the bluing.
    Awesome for that age.

Do you shoot it? Is ammo available?

Semper Fi
    Phil

CBH
    ?

The Circle of Life, I often wonder what has become of items I've sold in the past.

LOL Phil stole my line, great minds think alike, or fools seldom differ.

Quote by AZPhil View Post
    Oh the Circle of Life of a firearm. Love It!
    That is an interesting pistol
    It looks like it has most of the bluing.
    Awesome for that age.

Do you shoot it? Is ammo available?

Semper Fi
    Phil
    Buffalo Arms makes empty cases for the weapon. I ordered 100 empties and a reloading friend of mine is making me some ammo, using black powder as in the original rounds. BILL
    "As long as there are brave men and warriors the halls of Valhalla will never be silent or empty"

In memory of my father William T. Grist December 26, 1920--September 10, 2009..
    901st. Ordnance H.A.M. North Africa, Italy, Southern France....ETO
    Also in memory of my mother Jane Kidd Grist Feb. 22, 1920-- September 27, 2009... WWll War bride May 1942...

Not so much a revolver as a boomerang....