Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

"DUV44" marked German rifle buy

Article about: This rifle was on a gunshops list on the net 20 years ago,no pics,had to ask about it on the phone.Priced at 450.00,well he didnt know anthing about them obviously.I asked if the stock had a

Wow, very very nice, congrats! The durofol handguard is absolutely correct for duv made rifles, actually is exclusive of that production as you stated.

Red face

There aren't that many items which appear on this forum and make me truly, deeply envious.

That is one of them !

MAP
    ?

Quote by ziomanno View Post
    Wow, very very nice, congrats! The durofol handguard is absolutely correct for duv made rifles, actually is exclusive of that production as you stated.
    I just forgot what maker put this on. Was on my cell and couldn't check/refresh my memory.

Interesting though. I have a vet bring back AC K43 with a replaced dorofol handguard. How it got on there I don't know but it was done "over there".
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

I think it was common to swap broken parts with working ones, especially in the desperate last stage of a lost war. Another example of that could be the great number of mismatched bolt K98's, vet bring back or "left back" and found untouched (quite common here).

MAP
    ?

That was always my thought (battlefield repair). Can't prove it but doesn't really matter as I'm not selling it
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Wow! Sweet rifle.

Fantastic score for that amount. Have seen them for sale but usually in the $4000 price range for a decent matching example. Great score on the handguard issue. Thanks for sharing this great find.

PRE
    ?

I can't say anything that hasn't been said already. Just amazing that there are some out there still in the wild waiting for new homes...Fantastic find, even with the light sanding of the stock. No way I would have passed that up.

Ziomanno,
    Please do elaborate on the condition of rifles available to you in Sardinia, especially bolt mis-matched and 'left back' examples.

Thank you,
    Pat

Hi Pat; as you know the whole Country has been a battlefield during WW2, so is not unusual to find sometimes weapons left on the field by the fighters, picked up by partisans or civilians and kept hidden for decades. When this happens, you are sure that these weapons are untouched, exactly as left by the soldier. The forbidden ones (i.e. the mg and smg) must be delivered to the Police and almost always destroyed, but rifles such as the K98's can be owned: so you find that many have bolt mis-matched, barrel bands swapped, stocks replaced, and so on. The pistols may have replaced frames with different s/n set.
    Personally, I own a CE 43 K98 absolutely untouched found in Tuscany many years ago; only the sight hood was missing. And a G41 left back in Northern Italy, also untouched.
    This is way more common with Germans weapons, since the allies picked up their weapons by the battlefields and kept them in service, but I have to say that I personally saw a Garand 100% original, that was took from a dead GI by a peasant and then hidden since his passed away. When it was put on sale by his heirs it had yet the front sight screw with the seal intact and was still loaded with its original 8 30.06 rounds.
    Last edited by ziomanno; 03-16-2018 at 02:21 PM.

Thanks guys.Here are some pics of internals.Also clearer pic of receiver markings.I have heard DUVs were well made and some think a better quality than Walthers.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture "DUV44" marked German rifle buy   "DUV44" marked German rifle buy  

"DUV44" marked German rifle buy   "DUV44" marked German rifle buy  

"DUV44" marked German rifle buy  

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2