Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Early PPS43

Article about: Ken, nice PPS43, produced in 1943. you were right, it's early gun. bottom part with handguard is not original for this gun, it was replaced. Kulakov's factory was the only factory, where wer

Default Early PPS43

Any help appreciated on the markings and features of this early PPS43.Could this have been a Leningrad manufactured gun?
    thanks Pete.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Early PPS43   Early PPS43  

Early PPS43   Early PPS43  

Early PPS43  

Default Re: Early PPS43

Hi Pete, the "C" (A letter "S" in English) marking is usually attributed to the Stalin Factory.

Nice early gun.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

?

This PPS43 was produced by "Schetmach\Счетмаш" factory, Moscow ("Counting Mashine" in english)
    This factory was the first place where began the production of Sudaev' guns. Sudaev began to prepare there production of his first model, PPS42, in august, 1942. First PPS-42 were produced in october, 1942. First PPS 43 were produced in may, 1943
    Total quantity of produced guns by this factory in 1942-1945 - 531369 (PPS42 & PPS43)

Stalin Factory, ZIS (Zavod imeni Stalina, Завод имени Сталина at russian) was marked by letter "З", and it never produced PPS43, only PPSH41
    Last edited by 16225; 02-23-2012 at 07:57 PM.

Thanks for the info, this gun is in the Small Arms Collection at the School of Infantry, Warminster it was "captured" during the Korean war, so it's been around a bit, Pete.

wow !!

does she have any story behind her?

Quote by 16225 View Post
    This PPS43 was produced by "Schetmach\Счетмаш" factory, Moscow ("Counting Mashine" in english)
    This factory was the first place where began the production of Sudaev' guns. Sudaev began to prepare there production of his first model, PPS42, in august, 1942. First PPS-42 were produced in october, 1942. First PPS 43 were produced in may, 1943
    Total quantity of produced guns by this factory in 1942-1945 - 531369 (PPS42 & PPS43)

Stalin Factory, ZIS (Zavod imeni Stalina, Завод имени Сталина at russian) was marked by letter "З", and it never produced PPS43, only PPSH41
    Really good info thanks! Is the "3" in an oval cartouche? If so my PPsh41 was made there.

Hi Pete, next time I am down there I will ask to see it. Might get to fire it on the range with a bit of luck.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

?

I was lucky enough to shoot an original at one of our local MG shoots.

I love them Sam.

I have put several hundred rounds through one on a range with the Army and it was faultless.

Cheers, Ade.

?

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    Really good info thanks! Is the "3" in an oval cartouche? If so my PPsh41 was made there.
    Yes, Correctly

Thanks very much!

Cheers, Ade.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast