Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Early PPS43

Article about: Ken, nice PPS43, produced in 1943. you were right, it's early gun. bottom part with handguard is not original for this gun, it was replaced. Kulakov's factory was the only factory, where wer

Default Re: Early PPS43

This is my PPS43, 1944 dated,
    Pete.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Early PPS43   Early PPS43  

?

Very intresting PPS43 and manufacturer! It is the only manufacturer, that still can't be attributed with 100% confidence.
    Sometimes it attributed as Scetmash. But Scetmach have engraved logo and serial, this manufacturer have stamped logo and serial.
    Also usually guns of this manufacturer ("C") have so called "early type" of safety (all guns produced in 1943 and most of produced in 1944, that I saw), through trigger guard, and Scetmash never produced them, such type of safety was produced only in Leningrad by Kalmykov fatory (arrow in triangle)

?

besides, here is my early PPS42 - prototype of PPS43
    Only 46000 were produced, less then 40 is known survive nowdays
    another extremly rare thing - original unissued pouch for PPS42 magazine (they are different from PPS43 pouches, magazines are also different) with date "1942". Only 600 PPS42 were produced in 1942.

Early PPS43Early PPS43Early PPS43Early PPS43Early PPS43

Thanks once again for your very interesting info,I really like you PPS42, what a historic piece! Here is a picture of my ammo pouch, markings are unreadable because they are so faint and here is a magazine with a marking, I never new it had!
    Pete.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Early PPS43   Early PPS43  

Early PPS43  

?

Your magazine was produced in Leningrad, factory name is "Leningrad Metalist"

Quote by 16225 View Post
    Yes, Correctly

Hi i've got a PPS43 undated with the stamp at the bottom centre- the triangle with the arrow, do you know which factory this was and where it was? I wondered if it was Izvhesk but it is slightly different to the stamp of that factory on Mosin Nagants. I've also always thought it must be an early war PPS despite being undated as the finish of the metal is very rough and the folding stock has not got that circular pressing part to it.

Kind Regards Ken

?

Quote by HistoryNutter View Post
    Hi i've got a PPS43 undated with the stamp at the bottom centre- the triangle with the arrow, do you know which factory this was and where it was? I wondered if it was Izvhesk but it is slightly different to the stamp of that factory on Mosin Nagants. I've also always thought it must be an early war PPS despite being undated as the finish of the metal is very rough and the folding stock has not got that circular pressing part to it.

Kind Regards Ken
    It was produces in Leningrad, Kulakov's factory (zavod imeni Kulakova\завод имени Кулакова)
    It was the largest manufacturer of PPS in Leningrad. Other 2 factories are much less common.
    But the most intresting in your description is "the folding stock has not got that circular pressing part to it""
    Could you post photo? Because it looks that this is PPS 42, which i post here . Serial number begins from "A" letter?
    Is it similar? (exept safety look, my was produced at another factory and safety has another look)

Thanks for the brilliant information, its just hard to know where to get detailed information like that, tried on the Web and my Red Army books only gives the normal account of the PPS devolpment/production. I've had it for 4years and always wondered if I could find out anything else about it. Are Soviet submachine guns one of your main interests? I've always fascinated by the brillaintly simple no-nonsense Soviet engineering. Will post some photos soon.

many thanks,
    Ken

?

Man, its an ugly SMG

Just goes to show, that ugly can still work well.

One of my favourites is the PPSh-41. Beauty and brawn IMO.

There is just something about it. Evidently the Germans thought so also.

Here are some photos of my PPS-43. As you can see the finish of the steel is very poor, just rolled not 'tidied up'.

The stock has no curved part like on most PSS-43s i've seen.

Kind regards, Ken.

Early PPS43   Early PPS43  

Early PPS43  
    Last edited by Adrian Stevenson; 03-17-2012 at 12:44 PM.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast