Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Enfield ID complete

Article about: m3bobby 60 or 6 Brens??? thats some Bren going down the range!!!..Terry...

Default Enfield ID complete

Hi,
    Yesterday i put on a .303 rifle that i got over the weekend, some thought it to be a Kyber mismatch, but Rob ( Battery Command Post ) thought it was Fazakerley.
    I stripped it down to the bones and cleaned every piece, and found Rob was right,
    It is a Fazakerley rifle. It,s an " A " prefix Ser No, also there are other components
    marked with the " F ", As it had a messed up Ser No i looked for another there was
    the Ser No on the barrel just before the chamber matching the one Rob worked out. I have added pics of the finished rifle, I had an idea ( after re-assembling it )
    to take some pics of it to show how the british government like to deactivate our
    weapons for our friends over the pond. If you would like to see some pics please let me know. thanks for the help on the ID.
    Dave.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Enfield ID complete   Enfield ID complete  

Enfield ID complete   Enfield ID complete  

Enfield ID complete  

?

Default Re: Enfield ID complete

Very nice collection...Pete.
    JEDEM DAS SEINE

Hi Pete,
    thanks i have two other enfields both w.w.1 date 1918 and 1914, both in really good condition but they are now stored away. im still looking for that elusive Savage rifle, lol.
    Regards Dave.

Quote by Panzer 3 View Post
    Hi,
    Yesterday i put on a .303 rifle that i got over the weekend, some thought it to be a Kyber mismatch, but Rob ( Battery Command Post ) thought it was Fazakerley.
    I stripped it down to the bones and cleaned every piece, and found Rob was right,
    It is a Fazakerley rifle. It,s an " A " prefix Ser No, also there are other components
    marked with the " F ", As it had a messed up Ser No i looked for another there was
    the Ser No on the barrel just before the chamber matching the one Rob worked out. I have added pics of the finished rifle, I had an idea ( after re-assembling it )
    to take some pics of it to show how the british government like to deactivate our
    weapons for our friends over the pond. If you would like to see some pics please let me know. thanks for the help on the ID.
    Dave.
    To be totally fair, it was actually phoenix (Pete) who said he thought it was a Fazakerley-made rifle. I just said it was from one of the Royal Ordnance Factories, which could be Fazakerley or Maltby

Rob

Hi rob,
    Thanks mate, i must have misread it, Phoenix was right then, i was please to find the Ser No on the barrel as the one
    on the side is so messed up.
    Dave.

?

Hello Dave how are your weapons attached to the wall?? Cheers Terry..

Hi Terry,
    i use the brackets that you can buy in any hardware store, the ones that have two prongs and a screw attached, they hold shovels and forks ect. they are coloured red but black tape them. My L.M.G, ( Bren ) i made a bracket for as i didnt want it on the floor and it was to heavy and big for my unit. hope this helps.
    Dave,
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Enfield ID complete   Enfield ID complete  

?

Cheers Dave i will look into thoses!!!!Terry

Ikea stock those types of brackets with a white rubber around them. I bought some to use but I've since used that spur shelving bracketry you can get from DIY stores or ebay. I've now got about 60 Brens and a Breda M37 mounted on them and there still holding so are plenty strong enough.

?

Dave I think it would be interesting to see just how our illustrious leaders have deemed how these historic weapons are to be butchered, so if you can please post the piccys
    cheers Dave

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast